Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Idea for peanut butter balls coated with granola

How can I make this a finger food treat? I had the idea to take a
spoonful of peanut butter and dip it in a container of granola.
Definitely yummy! But how to make it without being on a spoon?

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 7, 2014 7:43:31 PM UTC-6, Cheryl wrote:
> How can I make this a finger food treat? I had the idea to take a
>
> spoonful of peanut butter and dip it in a container of granola.
>
> Definitely yummy! But how to make it without being on a spoon?

The first requirement is decent PB. Nothing besides peanuts and salt.
Any PB that is stable w/o stirring is adulterated crap.
http://www.smuckersnaturalpeanutbutt...FecRMwod9BMA_g
Bad ingredients in...

> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
>
> Cheryl

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/7/2014 8:56 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:43:31 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> How can I make this a finger food treat? I had the idea to take a
>> spoonful of peanut butter and dip it in a container of granola.
>> Definitely yummy! But how to make it without being on a spoon?

> Look up a recipe for buckeyes. They use powdered sugar as a
> binder-hardener.
>
> -sw

Thanks squirtsy. I will definitely look that up.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/7/2014 8:56 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:43:31 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> How can I make this a finger food treat? I had the idea to take a
>> spoonful of peanut butter and dip it in a container of granola.
>> Definitely yummy! But how to make it without being on a spoon?

> Look up a recipe for buckeyes. They use powdered sugar as a
> binder-hardener.
>
> -sw

Can use that as an example, maybe granola covering the chocolate
covering the peanut butter.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 7, 2014 5:43:31 PM UTC-8, Cheryl wrote:
> How can I make this a finger food treat? I had the idea to take a
>
> spoonful of peanut butter and dip it in a container of granola.
>
> Definitely yummy! But how to make it without being on a spoon?
>

> --
>
> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
>
> Cheryl

Try these:

1 cup peanut butter (maybe a bit less)
1/2 cup dry milk powder (I use whey powder)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

Mix it up and roll in the graham cracker crumbs

These are good for the protein factor and you can freeze them on a baking sheet and well, you know the drill. The amount made of course depends on the size you roll them, but about the size of a hmmm, small walnut yields about two dozen.

HTH!
Julie P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/7/2014 9:32 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 21:15:44 -0500, Cheryl wrote:

>>> Look up a recipe for buckeyes. They use powdered sugar as a
>>> binder-hardener.
>>>

>> Thanks squirtsy. I will definitely look that up.

> "Squirtsy" is reserved for Middiots and childish stalkers.
>
> -sw

It was sent with love.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 19:56:28 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:43:31 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> How can I make this a finger food treat? I had the idea to take a
>> spoonful of peanut butter and dip it in a container of granola.
>> Definitely yummy! But how to make it without being on a spoon?

>Look up a recipe for buckeyes. They use powdered sugar as a
>binder-hardener.
>
>-sw

what he said.
Janet US

Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 21-07-2007 04:48 AM
Peanut butter balls easy to make and sure to be a hit kaz General Cooking 0 15-12-2006 03:54 AM
Peanut Butter-Chocolate Balls Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 06-09-2006 11:03 AM
Peanut Butter Balls Tim Recipes 0 20-07-2005 11:01 PM
Peanut Butter Balls pat Recipes (moderated) 0 04-11-2004 06:32 PM