Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Duckie ®

Default HEART SHAPED PIZZAS

HEART SHAPED PIZZAS
Pizza Dough:
2 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup lukewarm water
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oil
plus oil for coating bowl
Dissolve yeast and sugar in the lukewarm water in a glass measuring
cup or bowl. Let stand until foamy, 5 to 10 minutes. Combine flour and
salt in a large bowl. Make well in the center of flour. Pour yeast
mixture and oil into well. Stir in flour from the bowl with your hand
or large spoon to make soft dough.

Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface. Knead until smooth
and elastic, 5-10 minutes, adding a little flour if needed to prevent
sticking. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes after kneading. Note: If
you don't have time for this recipe you can use package pizza dough,
or breadstick dough can be pressed just like pizza dough. I also use
the pizza dough recipe that came with my breadmaker, and add a tsp. of
dried oregano for a great dough.

To make heart pizza base:
Pat dough out on one cookie sheet for thicker pizzas, or two sheets
for thinner ones. Don't form a crust. Place the dough in a 400 degree
oven for 8 minutes or so. You want to partially cook the dough. Remove
from the oven and cool slightly. Use a large heart shaped cookie
cutter OR make a heart template out of cardboard and cut around it
with a knife. Cut the hearts as close together as possible to get as
many as you can. Note: Take the scraps and brush with butter mixed
with garlic powder. Place in a pie plate and bake until brown. This
will make garlic bread "scraps".

Finishing your pizzas:

I simply use our favorite tomato sauce or pizza sauce, plus toppings
that are family likes. These are toppings I would suggest:

Pepperoni
Ham
Mushrooms
Green pepper
Onions
Sausage
Mozzerella Cheese

Let each person create their own pizza, or two if they are smaller.
Spread the sauce first, then the toppings. Place back on cookie sheets
and bake until the cheese is bubbly. The crust will not take long at
all since it is partially cooked. You just want to bake the toppings.

Heart-shaped Boiled Eggs jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 10 10-07-2014 03:47 AM
mushroom-shaped muffins nuria Baking 2 08-06-2009 10:18 AM
spiral-shaped green tea Claudio Telmon Tea 24 09-02-2008 06:17 AM
Heart-Shaped Mozzarella and Fontina Pizza Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 09-02-2006 05:19 AM
Walnut Shaped Cookies Sharon Stock Recipes (moderated) 0 08-01-2005 02:07 PM