Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Post Indie Cook Sandwiches

We always look for interesting whole grain breads and local bakeries. Today I used a local bread – Lithuanian Bread aka Chleb Litewski aka Zytni Gruboziarnisty – made by Ideal Pastry on North Milwaukee Avenue here in Chicago. This bread is made from whole rye, white rye, yeast, salt, and carmel color. I wasn’t sure my kids would like it, but received positive reviews, some more enthusiastic than others.
The sandwich today was:
• Lithuanian Bread
• Red leaf lettuce
• Peeled and sliced cucumber
• Thinly sliced green pepper
• Thinly sliced carrots
• Thinly sliced mushrooms
• Cheddar cheese, 1 slice
• Amish Baby Swiss, 1 slice
• Swedish mustard
__________________
Meigan Cameron
http://holy-food.org

Last edited by Meigan : 04-08-2011 at 04:40 PM
Member

Aha...sounds good and can be made simply!
__________________
Know how to prepare the best Food and Recipes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meigan View Post
We always look for interesting whole grain breads and local bakeries. Today I used a local bread – Lithuanian Bread aka Chleb Litewski aka Zytni Gruboziarnisty – made by Ideal Pastry on North Milwaukee Avenue here in Chicago. This bread is made from whole rye, white rye, yeast, salt, and carmel color. I wasn’t sure my kids would like it, but received positive reviews, some more enthusiastic than others.
The sandwich today was:
• Lithuanian Bread
• Red leaf lettuce
• Peeled and sliced cucumber
• Thinly sliced green pepper
• Thinly sliced carrots
• Thinly sliced mushrooms
• Cheddar cheese, 1 slice
• Amish Baby Swiss, 1 slice
• Swedish mustard
Is this a vegan food or how do you call it? I don't see any meat-related product on the list. I think aside from the veggies, the cheese is the only "salty" ingredient here that would make up the bread tastier aside from mustard and green pepper. Anyway, thank you for sharing your recipe, additional healthy recipe on my list.
Member

This is new type of sandwich.This is new for me.I will to make at my home.I think this recipe is the best one for eating.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meigan View Post
We always look for interesting whole grain breads and local bakeries. Today I used a local bread – Lithuanian Bread aka Chleb Litewski aka Zytni Gruboziarnisty – made by Ideal Pastry on North Milwaukee Avenue here in Chicago. This bread is made from whole rye, white rye, yeast, salt, and carmel color. I wasn’t sure my kids would like it, but received positive reviews, some more enthusiastic than others.
The sandwich today was:
• Lithuanian Bread
• Red leaf lettuce
• Peeled and sliced cucumber
• Thinly sliced green pepper
• Thinly sliced carrots
• Thinly sliced mushrooms
• Cheddar cheese, 1 slice
• Amish Baby Swiss, 1 slice
• Swedish mustard
decilious sound! thanks

Experienced Member

Smile

Hey!
Thanks a lot for share this! Yummy!
Member

This is good recipe
i like this recipe.it is very best recipe....