Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Wink What are some cooking recipes without a stove?

What are some cooking recipes without a stove?
Alright so I'm in a military base and the barracks I live in has no stove. I only got a microwave as the major cooking source. Can I buy any equipment that will let me cook without setting off the alarm. Also what are some good microwave recipes?
Posted to alt.food.recipes
Sky Sky is offline

Default What are some cooking recipes without a stove?

mcdoc wrote:

> What are some cooking recipes without a stove?
> Alright so I'm in a military base and the barracks I live in has no
> stove. I only got a microwave as the major cooking source. Can I buy any
> equipment that will let me cook without setting off the alarm. Also what
> are some good microwave recipes?
>
> --
> mcdoc

You might be able to use an induction hob, perhaps? Or even an 120V
electrical burner, but there may be regulations that prohibit the use of
an electrical burner in the barracks? The induction hob might be a
better bet since it uses microwave technology instead of a heating
'element' like the electrical burner does. The requirement for the
induction hob is only ferrous cookware can be used.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Member

Location: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoc View Post
What are some cooking recipes without a stove?
Alright so I'm in a military base and the barracks I live in has no stove. I only got a microwave as the major cooking source. Can I buy any equipment that will let me cook without setting off the alarm. Also what are some good microwave recipes?
You can cook soups, porridge, vegetables, scamble eggs, cook bacon, fish, meat etc,make cakes - all sorts in a microwave - do you have a combination microwave ie, a grill/oven/microwave, or just a conventional microwave?

Angeli
Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kattima
Post

Yeah you can:

1) Take 1 cup rice wash it add 2 cups pf water over 100% cook it for 20 min and let it stand for 5min...

2) In a microwave bowl add prawn(washed),add salt,tumeric,red chili pwd(if u want)..add coconut milk, and water,salt..and cook it for 10min over 100%..if u want u can coom further.

3) Making indian tea: 1/2 cup water,1/2 cup milk,sugar,tea bag in the microwave for 7 min over 100%(watch may be over flow)

4) Take fish of ur choic, add thick sour yoghurt,a pinch tumeric,salt,water,crushed clives pf garlic,any veg oil...in the microwave 100% for 15min...Make sure water should be there..
Budget hotels in chennai | Ooty