Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What model year is the stove you are cooking on?

I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall > wrote:

> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too
> old to me. What year is your stove that you are cooking those
> fabulous meals on?

A Spark, most likely from the 1930's. Has the trash-burner
on the left side. Our space heater is a floor-standing
Wedgewood of a similar age.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" <>
> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
> Dee Dee

Mine is a 1982 gas model "Magic Chef". It has electric start, it is
self cleaning and it beeps when preheated. Because of these features,
it is the nicest gas stove I've ever owned.

mag

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee Randall" > wrote:

> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
> Dee Dee

A 2005 or 2006 (I guess) GE smooth top. It's about 7 weeks old.

--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 5/22/2006, Church Review completed
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Dee Randall wrote:
> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?

An Anderson gas stove from the early 1950's. It's in good shape. Has
a griddle in addition to the 4 burners. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"aem" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Dee Randall wrote:
>> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
>> What
>> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>>

> An Anderson gas stove from the early 1950's. It's in good shape. Has
> a griddle in addition to the 4 burners. -aem

1974 Enterprise - electric. Damn it, I've been waiting for several years
for it to break down!

Elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:
> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
> Dee Dee

A 1998 Ilve with gas burners and an electric multi-function fan-forced
oven. One of the burners is the more-or-less compulsory wok burner,
which I never use. I would much rather have something that enabled a
really slow simmer.

There was an article in Tuesday's age about the need to know your own
oven and adapt accordingly. Ilve claim that if you use the fan-forced
function (as opposed to the merely fan-assisted) you get an even heat
and can bake biscuits (cookies) on several shelves at once. They lie.
Fortunately I don't bake much.

I want to know how easy people find their ovens to clean. The door of
mine has a double glass panel - you can remove the inner glass and
cleaning the door is not too difficult, but cleaning the inside (you can
unscrew the racks) is not fun and it doesn't get done too often I can
tell you!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 24 May 2006 10:28:13p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Old Mother
Ashby?

> Dee Randall wrote:
>> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
>> What year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>>
>> Dee Dee
>>

> A 1998 Ilve with gas burners and an electric multi-function fan-forced
> oven. One of the burners is the more-or-less compulsory wok burner,
> which I never use. I would much rather have something that enabled a
> really slow simmer.
>
> There was an article in Tuesday's age about the need to know your own
> oven and adapt accordingly. Ilve claim that if you use the fan-forced
> function (as opposed to the merely fan-assisted) you get an even heat
> and can bake biscuits (cookies) on several shelves at once. They lie.
> Fortunately I don't bake much.
>
> I want to know how easy people find their ovens to clean. The door of
> mine has a double glass panel - you can remove the inner glass and
> cleaning the door is not too difficult, but cleaning the inside (you can
> unscrew the racks) is not fun and it doesn't get done too often I can
> tell you!

Thankfully, I have a self-cleaning oven. Otherwise, It would probably
never be cleaned. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:
> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
> Dee Dee

2001? JennAire gas. I hate gas!

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Wed, 24 May 2006 22:59:28 -0700, -L. wrote:

> 2001? JennAire gas. I hate gas!
>
> -L.

Obviously you know very little about cooking or cooking equipment!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
> Dee Dee

A early 1980's something gas Kenmore. I need a new stove as I can't stand
anything about this one. It was here when we bought the house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:26:22 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
>year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
>Dee Dee

Right now I am using a GE that was in the house when we moved here in
2004. It was the original to the house that was built in 1991.

Before that I used a GE Americana that we bought for our previous
house when we moved in in 1974. It still worked fine when we left and
the buyers were in no hurry to get rid of it.

Both are electric.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote in message
news
> On Wed, 24 May 2006 22:59:28 -0700, -L. wrote:
>

>> 2001? JennAire gas. I hate gas!
>>
>> -L.

> Obviously you know very little about cooking or cooking equipment!

A rather gratuitous remark which shows you know nothing about her

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote

> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?

I've actually gotten to the point of looking for a new oven. Mine
gets stubborn about whether or not it wants to ignite and I don't
feel like putting money into getting it fixed. It's a Caloric from the
early nineties, whenever it is I remodeled my kitchen. I like the
range but it's time for a new one.

In looking for a new one, the problem is that the simmer burner is
always in front of the biggest burner, I wish that they were catty corner.
I might have to settle on that point.

Anyone know of a site that compares reliability and features of
ovens? I need a gas range, one that will fit in the standard opening,
no room for a bigger one.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Thu, 25 May 2006 12:05:13 +0000, Ophelia wrote:

> "jay" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Wed, 24 May 2006 22:59:28 -0700, -L. wrote:
>>

>>> 2001? JennAire gas. I hate gas!
>>>
>>> -L.

>> Obviously you know very little about cooking or cooking equipment!

> A rather gratuitous remark which shows you know nothing about her

You need to put your little thinking cap back on.. and stick to your
business and what you do and know best.. predominately 2 syllable posts
and little happy faces. LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Wed 24 May 2006 10:28:13p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Old Mother
> Ashby?
>
>> Dee Randall wrote:
>>> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
>>> What year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>>>
>>> Dee Dee
>>>

>> A 1998 Ilve with gas burners and an electric multi-function fan-forced
>> oven. One of the burners is the more-or-less compulsory wok burner,
>> which I never use. I would much rather have something that enabled a
>> really slow simmer.
>>
>> There was an article in Tuesday's age about the need to know your own
>> oven and adapt accordingly. Ilve claim that if you use the fan-forced
>> function (as opposed to the merely fan-assisted) you get an even heat
>> and can bake biscuits (cookies) on several shelves at once. They lie.
>> Fortunately I don't bake much.
>>
>> I want to know how easy people find their ovens to clean. The door of
>> mine has a double glass panel - you can remove the inner glass and
>> cleaning the door is not too difficult, but cleaning the inside (you can
>> unscrew the racks) is not fun and it doesn't get done too often I can
>> tell you!

> Thankfully, I have a self-cleaning oven. Otherwise, It would probably
> never be cleaned. :-)
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
> _____________________

Yes, last night when DH cooked his steak, I said, "go ahead and broil it,
the stove needs a cleaning." I recall an oven I had in a house we bought
that needed cleaning; I hired a crew to come in and clean the house, and
they 'steel wooled' the outside of it putting marks on the stainless steel
[I just read a posting here about that.] I'm still prickly about that.

Regarding self-cleaning ovens, and continuous-cleaning ovens, my
understanding is that when you purchase, the best is "self-cleaning."

I wanted to see what people are using as one poster referred to an older
stove in the 80's (or early 80's, I'm not sure).

Thanks, I hope I hear more replies.

Addendum:
I had bought a Villaware grill sometime ago for just the grilling occasion,
and got it out to grill the steak, but when we picked it up, the handle was
broken off.
Was that another delivery truck fiasco -- no doubt. I can't recall if there
were tire marks on the package or not. There have been in the past
deliveries. I hope I kept the papers.
P.S. We cannot buy an outside grill (no garage either) because animals take
them over for their homes.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote

> Yes, last night when DH cooked his steak, I said, "go ahead and broil it,
> the stove needs a cleaning." I recall an oven I had in a house we bought
> that needed cleaning; I hired a crew to come in and clean the house, and
> they 'steel wooled' the outside of it putting marks on the stainless steel
> [I just read a posting here about that.] I'm still prickly about that.

Wow, that's just unacceptable. I'd have been furious.

> Regarding self-cleaning ovens, and continuous-cleaning ovens, my
> understanding is that when you purchase, the best is "self-cleaning."

Without a doubt, it's no contest. Unfortunately what I need is
a self-clean stove, I'm awful about cleaning that and mine shows it.
I will need to change my ways when I get a new range.

> I wanted to see what people are using as one poster referred to an older
> stove in the 80's (or early 80's, I'm not sure).
>
> Thanks, I hope I hear more replies.

> P.S. We cannot buy an outside grill (no garage either) because animals
> take them over for their homes.

How annoying, how do other people deal with that?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Dee Randall" > wrote
>
>> Yes, last night when DH cooked his steak, I said, "go ahead and broil it,
>> the stove needs a cleaning." I recall an oven I had in a house we bought
>> that needed cleaning; I hired a crew to come in and clean the house, and
>> they 'steel wooled' the outside of it putting marks on the stainless
>> steel [I just read a posting here about that.] I'm still prickly about
>> that.

> Wow, that's just unacceptable. I'd have been furious.
>
>> Regarding self-cleaning ovens, and continuous-cleaning ovens, my
>> understanding is that when you purchase, the best is "self-cleaning."

> Without a doubt, it's no contest. Unfortunately what I need is
> a self-clean stove, I'm awful about cleaning that and mine shows it.
> I will need to change my ways when I get a new range.
>
>> I wanted to see what people are using as one poster referred to an older
>> stove in the 80's (or early 80's, I'm not sure).
>>
>> Thanks, I hope I hear more replies.

>> P.S. We cannot buy an outside grill (no garage either) because animals
>> take them over for their homes.

> How annoying, how do other people deal with that?
>
> nancy

They probably serve grilled squirrels!

Actually, I don't know anyone here in the country that does grill. Maybe
that's why.
And when you drive to town and see all the little housing developments
(little houses- big developments) with a square porch, you don't see many
(if any) webers sitting on them. I'll have to do a count my next trip in;
perhaps they have less squirrels and chipmunks :-)))
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Dee Randall" wrote
>
> > I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> > year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?

> I've actually gotten to the point of looking for a new oven. Mine
> gets stubborn about whether or not it wants to ignite and I don't
> feel like putting money into getting it fixed. It's a Caloric from the
> early nineties, whenever it is I remodeled my kitchen. I like the
> range but it's time for a new one.
>
> In looking for a new one, the problem is that the simmer burner is
> always in front of the biggest burner, I wish that they were catty corner.
> I might have to settle on that point.
>
> Anyone know of a site that compares reliability and features of
> ovens? I need a gas range, one that will fit in the standard opening,
> no room for a bigger one.

I have a 1997 GE Profile, gas, self-clean oven, the roomiest oven of
30" stoves. It's simmer burner is on the right side, *rear*, *behind*
the largest burner... two medium burners on the left. It's a great
stove, I have no complaints. Oh, I love that the bottom storage drawer
is so easy to remove and replace... under the stove is the repository
for cat toys... which of course ensures that the floor under my stove
gets vacuumed about once each week.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Dee Randall > wrote:
>
>> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too
>> old to me. What year is your stove that you are cooking those
>> fabulous meals on?

> A Spark, most likely from the 1930's. Has the trash-burner
> on the left side. Our space heater is a floor-standing
> Wedgewood of a similar age.
>
> Steve

Jenn Air 2006

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote

> I have a 1997 GE Profile, gas, self-clean oven, the roomiest oven of
> 30" stoves. It's simmer burner is on the right side, *rear*, *behind*
> the largest burner... two medium burners on the left. It's a great
> stove, I have no complaints. Oh, I love that the bottom storage drawer
> is so easy to remove and replace... under the stove is the repository
> for cat toys... which of course ensures that the floor under my stove
> gets vacuumed about once each week.

Heh, you're far better than I am! When I have the oven replaced,
I have a mop and bucket ready to clean there while I have a chance.

Thanks for the recommendation.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:37:57 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>Actually, I don't know anyone here in the country that does grill. Maybe
>that's why.
>And when you drive to town and see all the little housing developments
>(little houses- big developments) with a square porch, you don't see many
>(if any) webers sitting on them. I'll have to do a count my next trip in;
>perhaps they have less squirrels and chipmunks :-)))
>Dee Dee

I think most people keep their grills in the back yard, not on the
front porch.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:26:22 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
>year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?

Induction stove, 1998. I love it and am never going back to *anything*
else if I can help it.

Nathalie in Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Cook" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:37:57 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>
>>Actually, I don't know anyone here in the country that does grill. Maybe
>>that's why.
>>And when you drive to town and see all the little housing developments
>>(little houses- big developments) with a square porch, you don't see many
>>(if any) webers sitting on them. I'll have to do a count my next trip in;
>>perhaps they have less squirrels and chipmunks :-)))
>>Dee Dee
>>

> I think most people keep their grills in the back yard, not on the
> front porch.
> --
> Susan N.

The square porches are on the 'back side' of all these development houses
I'm speaking of; perhaps they are not porches at all, but some new name for
them. They seem to be prolific.

A lot of houses I seen (elsewhere) keep their grills on their lanai's (or
whatever they are called when they are not on the front of the house.)

As to "in the back yard," I can't comment, as I don't know where "most
people" keep their grills; perhaps it's a regional thing -- tee hee.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nathalie Chiva" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:26:22 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>

>>I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
>>year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?

> Induction stove, 1998. I love it and am never going back to *anything*
> else if I can help it.
>
> Nathalie in Switzerland

Nathalie, you just seem to have everything! You are so lucky!
I guess they are not easy to get here except for a very large price ticket.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Peter A" > wrote:
> Finally! In a world beset with terrorism, AIDS, hunger, torture, global
> warming, bird flu, and the Republicans, someone is finally asking the
> important question.

You list all those issues and yet are still missing the one that is more
important than any other to people, or so it would seem... the price of
gasoline. Nothing seems to get the public riled up more than that one.
People really need only one thing to find out who's (collectively)
responsible for that problem... a mirror. Drive big SUVs, convince the
Chinese to trade their bicycles in for a car, etc., etc., etc. What were we
thinking? ;-)

Back to the original question... my stove is a 1973 Magic Chef "Chateau"
double oven gas stove, with standing pilots. I love it. Primitive, but it
gets the job done.

I still have the original GE refrigerator and In-sink-erator garbage
disposer from the same era, in addition to the stove. The dishwasher of the
same vintage did bite the dust recently though, and I replaced with a new
Amana model last Friday.

--
( #wff_ng_7# at #verizon# period #net# )

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> Dee Randall wrote:
>>> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
>>> What
>>> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?

1984 Jenn Air electric with the sealed "European style" burners.
They are easy to clean, but I hate that they take so long to heat up and
cool down.

Unfortunately DH expects any household item to last a literal lifetime
so I don't see a change soon....

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
> Dee Dee

I have a Jenn-Air 30" built-in double electric oven... the top oven is also
a convection oven. Our cooktop is a gas Jenn-Air with a microwave above it.

We built the house in 2000 so I guess they are Year 2000 models. In spite
of bad press Jenn-Air gets I've been happy with them.

Chris in Pearland, TX

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 May 2006 11:42:52 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>"Nathalie Chiva" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:26:22 -0400, "Dee Randall"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
>>>year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?

>> Induction stove, 1998. I love it and am never going back to *anything*
>> else if I can help it.
>>
>> Nathalie in Switzerland

>Nathalie, you just seem to have everything! You are so lucky!
>I guess they are not easy to get here except for a very large price ticket.

Well, mine wasn't exactly cheap... :-). But hey, I use it everyday, I
figure it's more worth it than a diamond ring (I know, I know, I'm not
the romantic kind 8-))
Forgot to say: Oven is electric, drawer-style (I saw that kind of
model for the first time in 1984 and *vowed* I'd have one some day),
convection, a great oven.

Nathalie in Switzerland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me. What
> year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
> Dee Dee

A 2002 Kenmore smoothtop. It replaced the range we had when the house
burned. By the time the house was rebuilt I was emotionally exhausted,
between the fire and having had cancer surgery that month. So - the blanket
decision was made to go with Sears for everything - range, fridge,
dishwasher, washer, dryer. It was convenient if unexciting.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Puester" > wrote

> Unfortunately DH expects any household item to last a literal lifetime so
> I don't see a change soon....

That's why you tell him you expect a new stove. Sooner
rather than later. Tell him nancy said so. (smile)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 25 May 2006 12:30:40p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?

> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
>>
>> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
>> What year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>>
>> Dee Dee

> A 2002 Kenmore smoothtop. It replaced the range we had when the house
> burned. By the time the house was rebuilt I was emotionally exhausted,
> between the fire and having had cancer surgery that month. So - the
> blanket decision was made to go with Sears for everything - range,
> fridge, dishwasher, washer, dryer. It was convenient if unexciting.

I like Kenmore appliances. In many cases they are made better than their
"brand name" counterparts.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:

> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
> What year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
> Dee Dee

It's a Western Holly, the model is "Californian".
I don't know how old, probably 1940's.

It's a little thing, four burners on top and
an oven on the bottom. One burner is still
working, and that's the burner all my food
is prepared on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 25 May 2006 12:45:18p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Mark Thorson?

> Dee Randall wrote:
>>
>> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
>> What year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>>
>> Dee Dee

> It's a Western Holly, the model is "Californian".
> I don't know how old, probably 1940's.
>
> It's a little thing, four burners on top and
> an oven on the bottom. One burner is still
> working, and that's the burner all my food
> is prepared on.

You must cook a lot of "one dish" meals. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I like Kenmore appliances. In many cases they are made better than
> their "brand name" counterparts.

I'll second that! My Kenmore dehumidifier was old
when I got it, and has been in constant daily use
since then for I don't know how long -- probably
10 years or more.

It keeps my book collection at a reasonable moisture
level. I can't believe the number of so-called
book collectors who are allowing moisture to destroy
their books. When the top edge gets wavy and stays
that way, that's the result of years of neglect.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:
> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
> What year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>
> Dee Dee

No clue. The apartment complex was built in 1982 so I'm guessing the
(electric) stove is the same age.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nathalie Chiva" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 11:42:52 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Nathalie Chiva" > wrote in
>>message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:26:22 -0400, "Dee Randall"

>>> Induction stove, 1998. I love it and am never going back to *anything*
>>> else if I can help it.
>>>
>>> Nathalie in Switzerland

>>Nathalie, you just seem to have everything! You are so lucky!
>>I guess they are not easy to get here except for a very large price
>>ticket.

> Well, mine wasn't exactly cheap... :-). But hey, I use it everyday, I
> figure it's more worth it than a diamond ring (I know, I know, I'm not
> the romantic kind 8-))
> Forgot to say: Oven is electric, drawer-style (I saw that kind of
> model for the first time in 1984 and *vowed* I'd have one some day),
> convection, a great oven.
>
> Nathalie in Switzerland

Is there a link to it on the net? Or something very similar? I'd like to
see it what someone I know actually has bought and likes. I'll keep a copy
in my notebook.
Thanks, Nathalie,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"limey" > wrote in message

> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
>>
>> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
>> What year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>>
>> Dee Dee

> A 2002 Kenmore smoothtop. It replaced the range we had when the house
> burned. By the time the house was rebuilt I was emotionally exhausted,
> between the fire and having had cancer surgery that month. So - the
> blanket decision was made to go with Sears for everything - range, fridge,
> dishwasher, washer, dryer. It was convenient if unexciting.
>
> Dora

Are you happy tho with your decision to go with all Sears? And the range?
Thanks,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Thu 25 May 2006 12:30:40p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?
>

>> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I'm cooking on a 1988 electric stove. It doesn't seem too old to me.
>>> What year is your stove that you are cooking those fabulous meals on?
>>>
>>> Dee Dee

>> A 2002 Kenmore smoothtop. It replaced the range we had when the house
>> burned. By the time the house was rebuilt I was emotionally exhausted,
>> between the fire and having had cancer surgery that month. So - the
>> blanket decision was made to go with Sears for everything - range,
>> fridge, dishwasher, washer, dryer. It was convenient if unexciting.

> I like Kenmore appliances. In many cases they are made better than their
> "brand name" counterparts.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
> _____________________

Every few years, there is a 'list' of what company bought out what company,
and who makes what now. I can't keet it straight; but Sears (salesperson)
told me that Sears do not make any appliance on their own, so I wonder if
they use several big companies to make certain models, or if one company
makes all the models. And what companies are making them this year?

I haven't bought Kenmore (with the brand written on it) since I bought
something from them years ago that I got a skinning on. I know it's probably
unwise to not consider them; I believe Consumers' (magazine) rates Kenmore
highly a lot of time. I did look at Kenmore a couple of months ago, but I'm
going back to look at them again.
Dee Dee