Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Doug Weller

Default Original Pancakes House 49ers Pancakes

I had some of these at an Original Pancake House in Petoskey, Michigan last
month (because they sadly didn't carry Sourdough, which is what I went
for). They were delicious, but I can't find a recipe anywhere!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Doug
Tim

Here is my recipe for 46'er pancakes.

Tim

'49er Pancakes

1/2 C sourdough culture
1 T sugar
2 C flour
1 T oil
1 C milk
1 T baking powder
2 eggs
butter
1/2 t salt
maple syrup

Stir up everything but the syrup & butter. Can cook on greased
inverted lid of the oven.

"Doug Weller" > wrote in message
.. .
>I had some of these at an Original Pancake House in Petoskey, Michigan last
> month (because they sadly didn't carry Sourdough, which is what I went
> for). They were delicious, but I can't find a recipe anywhere!
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug

Tim

Here is my recipe for 46'er pancakes.

Tim

'49er Pancakes

1/2 C sourdough culture
1 T sugar
2 C flour
1 T oil
1 C milk
1 T baking powder
2 eggs
butter
1/2 t salt
maple syrup

Stir up everything but the syrup & butter. Can cook on greased
inverted lid of the oven.

"Doug Weller" > wrote in message
.. .
>I had some of these at an Original Pancake House in Petoskey, Michigan last
> month (because they sadly didn't carry Sourdough, which is what I went
> for). They were delicious, but I can't find a recipe anywhere!
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug

Doug Weller

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:11:27 -0400, Tim wrote:

> Here is my recipe for 46'er pancakes.
>
> Tim
>
> '49er Pancakes
>
> 1/2 C sourdough culture
> 1 T sugar
> 2 C flour
> 1 T oil
> 1 C milk
> 1 T baking powder
> 2 eggs
> butter
> 1/2 t salt
> maple syrup
>
> Stir up everything but the syrup & butter. Can cook on greased
> inverted lid of the oven.

Thanks, that's great.

Doug who now has to make the culture!