Posted to alt.food.asian
B B is offline

Default hundred layers pancakes. hundred layer pancakes.

Hi

Spekkoek is really a dutch word.... ( I am a dutch)

I did not see the history, but I think it is about the layered cake ... either
yellow - brown or green -brown in color.

As far as I know (traveling asia a lot) the origin is chinese.

If you would try a nice one, tuesday evening there is a pasar malam
(night market) in Pantai Jerjak, Penang, Malaysia, and at the corner is
a chinese baker with splendid layer cake.

My email is real but with heavy spam-filter. Asian recipes are more
than welcome.