Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Patricia D. Hill

Default REQUESTS from Thursday, October 2, 2003

Instant Russian Tea
Breakfast Casserole using frozen hash browns
hot chocolate
Starbucks Chocolate and Nuts Health bar
Tender Pork Loin

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:48:23 -0800
Subject: Russian Tea
From: "Sara Ellsworth" >

I saw your posting for Russian Tea. However, I have had Russian Tea that
is in the powder form so you can take it with you camping or to other
people's houses without making a mess. Does anyone have a recipe for
this?
Sara Ellsworth
Academic Advisor
KUC Bethel
(907) 543-4599
(907)543-4527 fax

~~~~~~~~~

From: "TeeJay" >
Subject: Spinach/mandarin orange/basil salad
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:38:24 GMT

Last year, I made a spinach salad from the back of the package of Fresh
Express (I think) spinach with carrots. It was a BIG hit and I've been
asked
to make it next week for a pot luck. Unfortunately, I cannot find the
recipe
and it is no longer on the back of that bag and not on their web site.

As I recall, it has the bag of spinach and carrots, mandarin oranges,
fresh
basil, red onion. I think I can replicate it, but would LOVE to find the
recipe again.

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Steve & Jodi" >
Subject: Request Breakfast Casserole
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 23:12:18 GMT

Hi,

I'm looking for a recipe for a breakfast casserole that uses frozen hash
browns, eggs, cheese, bell peppers, etc. Sort of like an omelet only you
bake it in a big dish. I used to have it in my file, but it seems to have
run off. If anyone has something like what I'm looking for, thanks in
advance!!

~~~~~~~~~

From: Suzanne Palmer >
Subject: hot chocolate
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:53:35 -0400

I am looking for good recipes for homemade hot chocolate (the drink).

Thanks!

-Suzanne

~~~~~~~~~

From: (John)
Subject: I need advice on Pork loin.
Date: 3 Oct 2003 19:47:08 -0700

I love pork, but pork loins seem always to cook up tough and somewhat
rubbery - does anyone have any recipes telling how to make them more
tender,
moist, and easy to cut.

Any tips apprecited

John:

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.

Requests Moderator Betty E. Kohler
Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
Recipes, requests, questions and comments:

Valerie

Default Vals Pork Roast

Vals Pork Roast

4 lb. Pork tenderloin
Tony Chacheres jalapeno & butter injectable marinade
Onions
Garlic
flour
Seasonings: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder

Inject roast with marinade. Stuff with onions & garlic. Season well.
Dredge
in flour. Brown in oil. Place roast wrapped in foil in Pyrex dish filled
1/4-1/2 of the way with water. Cook @ 250 degrees for four hours.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: