Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Patricia D. Hill

Default REQUESTS from Friday, October 17, 2003

Enchillada Sauce
non alcoholic Halloween punch
Making buttermilk at home
hart chow dung
roasting a duck
Olgas Kitchen recipes?
great harvest ultra muffins with 1 gm of fat
baked stuffing/dressing squares for thanksgiving
I need simple recipes to wow my family
Uncle Seth's cookie / The Original Pink Cookie

~~~~~~~~~

From: Carol >
Subject: Enchillada Sauce

Once again, I've gone out for Mexican Food. Enchilladas are my favorite!
The
reddish sauce that is put on them here in the Southwest is SOOOOO good and
about
the only basic thing that I haven't been able to figure out how to make.
I've
asked how it is done several times and all I've been told is "red chilies
and
water or broth". There has to be more to it than that. Can anyone
enlighten me??
Ladydesertrat

~~~~~~~~~

From: >
Subject: Orange Date Nut Bread
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:45:58 -0500

I would really like to get a recipe for orange date nut bread. The =
recipe that I'm looking for is real moist and dense. Anyone have it? =
Jane

~~~~~~~~~

Subject: RREQUESTS - non alcoholic Halloween punch
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:04:24 -0700
From: Lee Steffeck >

I thought I had seen one that had Diet Mountain Dew (kinda like a
green glowing radioactive fluid) and other gross things to impress kids
for a Halloween party.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "News Subsystem" >
Subject: Buttermilk - is there a way to produce it at home?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:17:58 -0300

Greetings!
I have a question to this wonderful group.
I live in Brazil and cannot find commercial buttermilk in the
supermarkets. Is there any way to produce it at home?
Thanks a lot.

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:02:11 EDT
Subject: hart chow dung

Looking for a chinese reciept that is pronounced "hart chow dung" but not
spelled that way. It is an egg dish containing onion / bits of shrimp /
scrambled eggs / and more. My brother remembers the above and used to
order it
often
for lunch at a chinese restruarent around Hunnington Beach, Califorina.
Restrauant is now gone (like his poor memory).
Thanks in advance for any help or leads.
Bob A. )

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Andrea Liebrich" >
Subject: Duck
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:41:13 -0400

Hi!

Does anyone has a receipe for roasting a duck?

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Kim" >
Subject: Olgas Kitchen recipes?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:48:02 -0500

I am looking for recipes ( or close - to recipes) from Olga's Kitchen.
Olga
bread, sauce, snackers, spinach pie.
If you can help I would love you forever!
Thanks in advance.
Kim

~~~~~~~~~

From: "May Liu-Crane" >
Subject: need recipe for great harvest ultra muffins with 1 gm of fat

Hello Everyone,
Great Harvest has a ultra muffin that is low in fat and high in fiber .
Does anyone have that recipe ?
I would greatly appriciate it !
Thank you in advance.
may

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Jill" >
Subject: Request- baked stuffing/dressing squares for thanksgiving

I am looking for a Southern recipe for stuffing/dressing , that instead of
being used to stuff the turkey is baked in a pan and cut into squares like
brownies...

The recipe I am looking for calls for slices of sandwich bread, a bag of
bread crumbs/stuffing mix, spices, canned chicken broth, and chopped
celery,
boiled eggs and onion if desired. I am not as worried about the spices but
am really craving the baked stuffing taste- my grandmother's baked up
really
moist and flavorful.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Mel" >
Subject: I need simple recipes to wow my family

I need some recipes that will WOW the family... and that are simple
because
I am not a very good cook I only know how to cook roast and clam
chowder
and must suppliment my family's diet

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Linda" >
Subject: Uncle Seth's cookie / The Original Pink Cookie
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 04:22:19 -0700

Looking for a Seattle cookie called Uncle Seth's cookie. It is also
known as The Original Pink Cookie. It is sold at Costco, and many
coffee shops. It is a Danish Shortbread with pink cream cheese
frosting. Thank you, Linda

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.

Requests Moderator Betty E. Kohler
Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
Recipes, requests, questions and comments: