Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Ann McMaster

Default Turnips

Request From: Sharon Bell
Anyone know how to make good-tasting turnips. My husband really loves them
but I can.t take them plain

Mashed Turnips

"I discovered a way to make turnip taste better. Just add sweetened
applesauce when you are mashing them. It gets rid of the bitter taste.

turnips
sweetened applesauce
cream or butter (optional)
seasonings to taste

Pare young turnips and cook in a steamer, or in a colander over a kettle
of boiling water, until tender. Mash, Stir in applesauce. You can add a
little cream or butter, and serve.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D Hill at .
Archives: