Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

International Recipes OnLine

Default Root Beer Barbequed Chicken

Root Beer Barbequed Chicken

submitted by rosskat
from NY, USA

1 cup root beer
1 cup catsup
1/4 cup each fresh lemon and orange juice
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tbs. dark brown sugar ( I used more to taste )
1 Tbsp. light molasses ( I used the dark blackstrap kind )
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp each: ground ginger, garlic powder, onion powder ( I used fresh
minced garlic instead of the
powdered ) 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel. ( I omitted )
Chicken parts seasoned well with your favorite barbecue rub ( remove
excess skin & fat )

I doubled the sauce recipe for about 6 pounds of chicken parts plus had
enough left over sauce to pass around the table if desired. I altered the
above barbecue sauce/chicken recipe slightly from a Bon Appetit magazine
article. I did not marinade or smoke the chicken but grilled parts on low
heat - brushing the chicken pieces liberally as I turned them. It takes
about 1 hour and 15 minutes to cook done on a low heat gas grill. Watch
carefully to prevent over charring of chicken parts. For sauce: Combine
all Ingredients in a saucepan bring to a rolling boil over medium heat and
reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1 1/2 cups. Season with salt and
pepper. Cool, cover and store refrigerated until use ( up to two weeks ).
I made the barbecued chicken for my daughter's 21 birthday! Everyone loved
it -no one guessed root beer was in the sauce.

http://www.simpleinternet.com/recipes/
International Recipes OnLine
On-Line Culinary Discussion at Food.Chat:
http://www.simpleinternet.com/foodchat/

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/

Root Beer Cake Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 11-05-2007 01:13 PM
making root beer Tater Winemaking 9 15-04-2007 01:17 AM
Roasted Root Beer Barbecued Chicken Drumsticks jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 10-03-2007 08:06 PM
Root beer making Winemaking 5 19-04-2006 11:10 PM
Root Beer Barbecued Chicken International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 17-05-2004 05:31 AM