Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Red Quinoa Salad

Red Quinoa Salad

submitted by butterflydog

2 cups vegetable , mushroom broth or water ( chicken broth for non
vegetarians )
1 clove garlic minced
1 cup Inca Red Quinoa ( red variety )
1 small carrot grated
1 Tbsp minced red onion
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro( or fresh dill or Italian parsley )
salt and pepper to taste

I "discovered " Quinoa about a year ago when my brother first served it to
me. Since then I enjoy trying different varieties of Quinoa and really
enjoy Quinoa as a grain side dish or as a salad. I especially enjoy using
the red variety. Bring broth or water with garlic to a boil. Add quinoa
and cover and simmer low about 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid has been
absorbed, Remove from heat and keep pot covered another 10 minutes.

Quinoa should be soft with a translucent color and a white germ ring
around the edges of the grain. Usually Quinoa is cooked with ratio one
part Quinoa to 2 parts liquid resulting in 4 to 6 servings. Use cooked
quinoa as a side dish, salad, stuffing, filling for tomatoes or vegetables
or as a pattie which can be sautéed or baked.

For this salad: cool completely or use warm. Mix with remaining
ingredients and adjust seasoning to taste. Chill or serve warm or room
temperature. The color and taste of red Quinoa lends itself nicely as an
accompaniment to meat and poultry dishes as well as vegetarian entrees.
Serves 6 or more.

http://www.simpleinternet.com/recipes/
International Recipes OnLine
On-Line Culinary Discussion at Food.Chat:
http://www.simpleinternet.com/foodchat/

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/