Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default proper refrigeration temperature for baked goods

Hi there, I would like to know that the ideal temperature for baked
goods.

Regards from Mexico,

Alex.:

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article .com>,
"Alex_chef2000" > wrote:

> Hi there, I would like to know that the ideal temperature for baked
> goods.
>

> Regards from Mexico,
>

> Alex.:

¿What kind of baked goods, Alejandro? Bread stales faster when
refrigerated -- but can be frozen to preserve freshness. I do not
refrigerate baked goods unless they involve something like a cream
cheese filling or a whipped cream filling. Storage at room temp is the
norm here. Besides, if they're good, there's no need to refrigerate ‹
they'll be gone muy pronto.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 5/20/2006
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article .com>,
> "Alex_chef2000" > wrote:
>
>> Hi there, I would like to know that the ideal temperature for baked
>> goods.
>>

>> Regards from Mexico,
>>

>> Alex.:

> ¿What kind of baked goods, Alejandro? Bread stales faster when
> refrigerated -- but can be frozen to preserve freshness. I do not
> refrigerate baked goods unless they involve something like a cream
> cheese filling or a whipped cream filling. Storage at room temp is the
> norm here. Besides, if they're good, there's no need to refrigerate <
> they'll be gone muy pronto.

Yes, bread stales faster when refrigerated, but it molds much more slowly.
Depending on weather, homemade bread might mold in a few days at room
temperature, but refrigerated will last mold-free for a couple of weeks or
more. As long as it's not too stale, stale bread toasts okay and even if
really stale can be used for croutons or breadcrumbs or the like. Moldy
bread must be discarded.

Anny

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Anny Middon wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" >
> wrote in message

> > Bread stales faster when
> > refrigerated -- but can be frozen to preserve freshness.

> Yes, bread stales faster when refrigerated,
> but it molds much more slowly.
> Depending on weather, homemade bread might mold in a few days at room
> temperature, but refrigerated will last mold-free
> for a couple of weeks or more.

The freezer option mentioned above,
is "for a couple of weeks or more".

--
pete
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"pete" > wrote in message
> Anny Middon wrote:
>>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" >
>> wrote in message

>> > Bread stales faster when
>> > refrigerated -- but can be frozen to preserve freshness.

>> Yes, bread stales faster when refrigerated,
>> but it molds much more slowly.
>> Depending on weather, homemade bread might mold in a few days at room
>> temperature, but refrigerated will last mold-free
>> for a couple of weeks or more.

> The freezer option mentioned above,
> is "for a couple of weeks or more".

Oh, sure, freezing it is much better. But I don't always have the freezer
space. And if I'm planning on using the bread in a few days for toast or
garlic bread, I refrigerate it.

Anny

Smoking baked goods ginandtonix Baking 0 09-01-2012 01:43 AM
preserving baked goods Forbeo Preserving 7 03-09-2007 10:09 AM
Proper Temperature For Pan-Seared Steak Mark Thorson General Cooking 10 08-07-2007 09:09 PM
proper saute temperature? [email protected] General Cooking 1 28-01-2005 04:00 AM
Proper Temperature for Enjoying Chocolate Mark Thorson Chocolate 9 25-01-2004 01:35 AM