Joyce

Default Blueberry Banana Jam

Hello,

Does anyone have a recipe for blueberry banana jam that they are willing to
share? I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,

Joyce

rebecca

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:59:31 -0400, "Joyce" >
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anyone have a recipe for blueberry banana jam that they are willing to
>share? I'd appreciate it.

I don't have a recipe, but I once made blackberry-banana jam that
turned out well. It was mainly blackberry with just two or three
under-ripe bananas, and it came out tasting very banana-y. I made it
just like regular blackberry jam, and I think I threw the bananas in
towards the end.

--Rebecca
Joyce

Thank you Rebecca. I was going to try a batch using two banana's along with
the blueberries. Is there a reason for the banana's being under ripe?

Joyce

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Joyce"
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have a recipe for blueberry banana jam that they are
> willing to share? I'd appreciate it.

> Thank you,
>
> Joyce

Tht's a combination I've not made, Joyce. Here's a link to the Kraft
site and their recipe for Strawberry-Banana Jam using MCP powdered
pectin product. Maybe you could sub the blueberries for the
strawberries. Let me reiterate that I have NOT made a blueberry-banana
combination; I have done the strawberry banana but probably with
Sure€Jell (MCP's not available around here).

<http://www.kraftfoods.com/recipes/Ja...ryCherryGrape/
MCPStrawberry-BananaJam.html>

Good luck with it if you give it a go.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 6/27/04.

rebecca

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:52:54 -0400, "Joyce" >
wrote:

>Thank you Rebecca. I was going to try a batch using two banana's along with
>the blueberries. Is there a reason for the banana's being under ripe?

Not really--I just remember that they were under-ripe, and the jam
still came out very banana-y. Maybe it was so there's still be little
banana bits instead of it all turning to mush.

--Rebecca