Tony

Default Worms?

No, I'm not kidsding. When puting up applesauce from wormy apples, should I
time the processing according to "apples" or meat? Thanks,

Brian Mailman

Tony wrote:

> No, I'm not kidsding. When puting up applesauce from wormy apples, should I
> time the processing according to "apples" or meat? Thanks,

You don't can worms, you dry them.

B/
Bob (this one)

Brian Mailman wrote:

> Tony wrote:
>
>>No, I'm not kidsding. When puting up applesauce from wormy apples, should I
>>time the processing according to "apples" or meat? Thanks,

> You don't can worms, you dry them.

Of course you can worms. Where do you think the expression "can of
worms" comes from? Nobody says a "dry of worms."

No, seriously...

Pastorio

Pennyaline

"Bob (this one)" added:
> Brian Mailman wrote:
>
> > Tony wrote:
> >
> >>No, I'm not kidsding. When puting up applesauce from wormy apples,

should I
> >>time the processing according to "apples" or meat? Thanks,

> > You don't can worms, you dry them.

> Of course you can worms. Where do you think the expression "can of
> worms" comes from? Nobody says a "dry of worms."

It's about time for an update, isn't it!

Who's for opening a 12 ounce freeze dried vacuum packed heat sealed packet
of worms?

<just add water?>

Kathi

"Bob (this one)" > wrote in message >...
> Brian Mailman wrote:
>
> > Tony wrote:
> >
> >>No, I'm not kidsding. When puting up applesauce from wormy apples, should I
> >>time the processing according to "apples" or meat? Thanks,

> > You don't can worms, you dry them.

> Of course you can worms. Where do you think the expression "can of
> worms" comes from? Nobody says a "dry of worms."
>
> No, seriously...
>
> Pastorio

doesn't it depend on what KIND of worms they are....?

Kathi

Bob (this one)

Kathi wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" > wrote in message >...
>
>>Brian Mailman wrote:

>>>You don't can worms, you dry them.

>>Of course you can worms. Where do you think the expression "can of
>>worms" comes from? Nobody says a "dry of worms."
>>
>>No, seriously...
>>
>>Pastorio

> doesn't it depend on what KIND of worms they are....?

I don't know. But I've never heard anyone say "a can of annelids" or
"a can of platyhelminthes." It's just worms...

Pastorio

George Shirley

Bob (this one) wrote:
> Kathi wrote:

>>> Of course you can worms. Where do you think the expression "can of
>>> worms" comes from? Nobody says a "dry of worms."
>>>
>>> No, seriously...
>>>
>>> Pastorio

>> doesn't it depend on what KIND of worms they are....?

> I don't know. But I've never heard anyone say "a can of annelids" or "a
> can of platyhelminthes." It's just worms...
>
> Pastorio

Most of us can say "worms." I've never tried to pronounce "annelids" or
"platyhelminthes."

George

Scott

In article >,
Brian Mailman > wrote:

> You don't can worms, you dry them.

Roast them. It makes them crispy.
<http://www.hotlix.com/larvets.htm>

please mail OT responses only
Bob (this one)

George Shirley wrote:

> Bob (this one) wrote:
>
>> Kathi wrote:

>>> doesn't it depend on what KIND of worms they are....?

>> I don't know. But I've never heard anyone say "a can of annelids" or
>> "a can of platyhelminthes." It's just worms...
>>
>> Pastorio
>>

> Most of us can say "worms." I've never tried to pronounce "annelids" or
> "platyhelminthes."

Ok, George. Hold your mouth this way <shows George>

P... P... PL... PLAT...

C'mon, you can do it... <George gets all red in the face and gives it
a try> pla-tee-hel-min-thes...

<crowd goes wild>

After that "annelids" is a snap. It's when you get to "Ascaris
lumbercoides" that it starts to get tough again...

Pastorio (I took that bio class in 1959 and I still remember that
stuff. Probably why there's hardly any room for anything new)

George Shirley

Bob (this one) wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>
>> Bob (this one) wrote:

>>> I don't know. But I've never heard anyone say "a can of annelids" or
>>> "a can of platyhelminthes." It's just worms...
>>>
>>> Pastorio
>>>

>> Most of us can say "worms." I've never tried to pronounce "annelids"
>> or "platyhelminthes."

> Ok, George. Hold your mouth this way <shows George>
>
> P... P... PL... PLAT...
>
> C'mon, you can do it... <George gets all red in the face and gives it a
> try> pla-tee-hel-min-thes...
>
> <crowd goes wild>
>
> After that "annelids" is a snap. It's when you get to "Ascaris
> lumbercoides" that it starts to get tough again...
>
> Pastorio (I took that bio class in 1959 and I still remember that stuff.
> Probably why there's hardly any room for anything new)

I went to a high school in Texas that was so small that they only had
English I and no Latin at all. I reckon they figured that since most of
us spoke Tex-Mex we didn't need Latin. That's probably why I have
degrees in behavioral science, no one tried to make me learn another
dead language. Can you say "wu rm s"? Or would Catalpa worms be easier?

George

For sf sushi worms Roy[_4_] General Cooking 15 24-01-2016 01:51 AM
Worms in my salt, you say!!!! koko General Cooking 1 22-12-2014 05:11 PM
How to Eat Fried Worms Tara General Cooking 5 11-05-2014 07:21 PM
Gummi Worms Duckie ® Recipes 0 05-06-2005 02:28 AM
Eating worms Felice Friese General Cooking 0 10-05-2004 03:40 PM