Brock Bailey

Default Tree Bark response

Hi The Tree Barks which are used in cooking are hickery

alder

apple or cherry wood

misquete bark

You can buy these for smoking meats and such at some hardware stores for
smokers and online.....and you can use in your bbq as well but they use
misquite mixed in with bbq rubs and sauases too...

I hope this helps

Brock R Bailey
Victoria BC Canada

Loki

il Wed, 14 Apr 2004 07:54:59 GMT, "Brock Bailey" ha scritto:

> Hi The Tree Barks which are used in cooking are hickery
>
> alder
>
> apple or cherry wood
>
> misquete bark
>
> You can buy these for smoking meats and such at some hardware stores for
> smokers and online.....and you can use in your bbq as well but they use
> misquite mixed in with bbq rubs and sauases too...
>
> I hope this helps

And nowadays using tea leaves to smoke with has become popular.
--
Cheers,

Jerry

So, all I do is mix "misquete bark" in my rubs and sauces??? (grin)...
Dude... just funning ya...
Not serious, the folks here know me a little and they pick on me a bunch...
But you have the right Idea... you can find hardwood sawdust, chips,
chunks and bark at just about any place that sells bbq grills... which
form you use is entirely up to the person using and how they want to use
it...
They also make "liquid" versions that can be added, to the sauces and
rubs...
Remember the actual wood/bark has to be burned to give the flavor... I
don't think adding them to the sauce or rub would do the digestive tract
a favor...