Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Waiting

We're zealously waiting on our first Tennosui pear crop. Texas A&M says
they can ripen anywhere from late July to mid-August. The Tennosui pear
tree we have has russet colored fruit but we have seen them with
stripes, light brown, and a pale yellow. I think the russet skin will
make a very nice redish jelly eventually.

George
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> We're zealously waiting on our first Tennosui pear crop. Texas A&M says
> they can ripen anywhere from late July to mid-August. The Tennosui pear
> tree we have has russet colored fruit but we have seen them with
> stripes, light brown, and a pale yellow. I think the russet skin will
> make a very nice redish jelly eventually.

i like eating pears when they are still green
and somewhat crunchy.

i hope these will come through for you George!

songbird

Waiting George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 4 16-05-2012 02:14 PM
Been Waiting A Lifetime Sheldon General Cooking 3 25-05-2007 08:18 PM
What You've Been Waiting For art of tea magazine Tea 48 23-10-2006 11:29 AM
what are you waiting for? Chat! Nexis General Cooking 1 13-03-2006 05:20 PM