Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Pickle relish

Just put the pot with the pickle relish plus the heated vinegar and
spices into the refrigerator for 24 hours. Sometime tomorrow evening I
will be canning the stuff. May just wait another 12 hours so I can get
some rest.

Cucumbers, sweet bell peppers, and lots of work put the stuff together.
Got out the old Cuisinart to chop the vegetables and the darned thing
wouldn't turn on. It's only a little over 20 years old, should have
lasted longer. Tomorrow I will take it apart and see what is wrong. Have
to rest after toting that barge and lifting that bale, meaning a big,
heavy pot full of goodies.

The recipe is from "So Easy to Preserve" and we have used it for many
years now. It was time to make the stuff as we only have two pints left
in the pantry and half a pint in the refrigerator. I can't eat hot dogs
and lots of other foods without my relish.

Looks like rain again too.

George

Pickle relish George Shirley[_3_] Preserving 0 15-06-2016 12:48 AM
Making that pickle relish George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 5 08-08-2012 05:41 PM
Pickle Relish Becca General Cooking 26 10-07-2009 03:13 PM
Pickle relish George Shirley Preserving 1 01-07-2009 02:10 AM
Making pickle relish Stuart Pedazzo General Cooking 9 08-08-2006 04:04 AM