Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Christmas greetings

In case I'm somewhere else here's an early greeting for all:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE SHIRLEY FAMILY - ALL 21 OF US.

George and Miz Anne and all our get
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 12/22/2013 6:10 PM, George Shirley wrote:
> In case I'm somewhere else here's an early greeting for all:
>
> MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE SHIRLEY FAMILY - ALL 21 OF
> US.
>
> George and Miz Anne and all our get

And to you and yours, too, George.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> In case I'm somewhere else here's an early greeting for all:
>
> MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE SHIRLEY FAMILY - ALL 21 OF US.
>
> George and Miz Anne and all our get

thanks George, right back atcha!

this was today's greeting from natu

http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8418_Sparkles.jpg

peace,

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 12/24/2013 10:04 AM, songbird wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>> In case I'm somewhere else here's an early greeting for all:
>>
>> MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE SHIRLEY FAMILY - ALL 21 OF US.
>>
>> George and Miz Anne and all our get

> thanks George, right back atcha!
>
> this was today's greeting from natu
>
> http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8418_Sparkles.jpg
>
> peace,
>

> songbird

Very nice, bookmarked that site, it is very interesting.

George, fighting allergies whilst Miz Anne is making cornbread dressing
and lemon meringue pie.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
>songbird wrote:

>> thanks George, right back atcha!
>>
>> this was today's greeting from natu
>>
>> http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8418_Sparkles.jpg
>>

> Very nice, bookmarked that site, it is very interesting.

thanks, some day i may even get the blog going on
there as intended, but in the meantime i plink at
different parts of it.

at the moment i'm more offline, reading a few
books and pondering...

> George, fighting allergies whilst Miz Anne is making cornbread dressing
> and lemon meringue pie.

the next few weeks are the most allergy free for
us here, i hope you'll get past the allergies soon
down there. otherwise, it sounds like a nice day.

songbird

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:10:41 -0600, George Shirley >
wrote:

>In case I'm somewhere else here's an early greeting for all:
>
>MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE SHIRLEY FAMILY - ALL 21 OF US.
>
>George and Miz Anne and all our get

Same to you and Miz Anne, George.
I'm sort of late replying but, we got hit with a major ice storm last
week-end that took out power to many hundreds of thousands of
customers. We just got our power back after being off for 5 days.
Makes it a little rough when you live in a rural area like we do,
worst being no power for the well pump so no water with all the
related woes ;-(.
I'm glad we have a little wood stove that helped keep the chill off.

Ross & Gerry,
Southern Ontario, Canada.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 12/27/2013 8:07 AM, Ross@home wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:10:41 -0600, George Shirley >
> wrote:
>
>> In case I'm somewhere else here's an early greeting for all:
>>
>> MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE SHIRLEY FAMILY - ALL 21 OF US.
>>
>> George and Miz Anne and all our get

> Same to you and Miz Anne, George.
> I'm sort of late replying but, we got hit with a major ice storm last
> week-end that took out power to many hundreds of thousands of
> customers. We just got our power back after being off for 5 days.
> Makes it a little rough when you live in a rural area like we do,
> worst being no power for the well pump so no water with all the
> related woes ;-(.
> I'm glad we have a little wood stove that helped keep the chill off.
>
> Ross & Gerry,
> Southern Ontario, Canada.

Miz Anne's siblings in Southern Maryland had some power outages too.
Three of the four have propane fired whole house generators so they did
well and the other makes it somehow, they live on a bluff over a major
river so I bet it gets cold up there. Plus their house is mostly
windows. Brr!

George
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 12/26/2013 5:00 PM, songbird wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>> songbird wrote:

>>> thanks George, right back atcha!
>>>
>>> this was today's greeting from natu
>>>
>>> http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8418_Sparkles.jpg
>>>

>> Very nice, bookmarked that site, it is very interesting.

> thanks, some day i may even get the blog going on
> there as intended, but in the meantime i plink at
> different parts of it.
>
> at the moment i'm more offline, reading a few
> books and pondering...
>

>> George, fighting allergies whilst Miz Anne is making cornbread dressing
>> and lemon meringue pie.

> the next few weeks are the most allergy free for
> us here, i hope you'll get past the allergies soon
> down there. otherwise, it sounds like a nice day.
>

> songbird

Our weather is so variable you're never completely able to dodge the
allergies. We have been as high as 72F and as low as 32F this past week,
temps for today are forecast as middle sixties but Sunday we are
expecting a low of 28F. Luckily most of our summer plants are gone and
the winter plants are doing well. I need to harvest broccoli heads today
or tomorrow or they will bloom. We do have enough grands and great
grands to pass a lot of it on. We're saving one cabbage head for January
1, it probably weighs a little over ten pounds already and there are two
more right behind it. The sugar snap peas are finally flowering and the
kumquats are quietly turning orange.

I'm running around in sweat pants and long sleeved tee shirts with the
occasional flannel shirt thrown in. I chill easily so, when the time
comes, I will probably store easily too. <G>

George
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >, Ross@home
wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:10:41 -0600, George Shirley >
> wrote:
>
> >In case I'm somewhere else here's an early greeting for all:
> >
> >MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE SHIRLEY FAMILY - ALL 21 OF US.
> >
> >George and Miz Anne and all our get

> Same to you and Miz Anne, George.
> I'm sort of late replying but, we got hit with a major ice storm last
> week-end that took out power to many hundreds of thousands of
> customers. We just got our power back after being off for 5 days.
> Makes it a little rough when you live in a rural area like we do,
> worst being no power for the well pump so no water with all the
> related woes ;-(.
> I'm glad we have a little wood stove that helped keep the chill off.
>
> Ross & Gerry,
> Southern Ontario, Canada.

No offense, Ross, but better you than me. '-) Ugh! Five days is a
long time to do without water. Here's hoping that 2014 will be calmer.
Best regards to you and Gerry -- keep on truckin'!

Happy New Year.
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:
(snip)
> Miz Anne's siblings in Southern Maryland had some power outages too.
> Three of the four have propane fired whole house generators so they did
> well and the other makes it somehow, they live on a bluff over a major
> river so I bet it gets cold up there. Plus their house is mostly
> windows. Brr!
>
> George

See? SEE? Lots of places are colder and have crappier weather "issues"
than Minn'apolis. '-)
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:
(snipped)
> George, fighting allergies whilst Miz Anne is making cornbread dressing
> and lemon meringue pie.

Lemon meringue pie, eh? Sounds tasty.