Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default sanitizing caps for woozy bootles

Hello new to the group. I searched and was unable to find an answer so hope I'm not asking a redundant question. I bottle a smoked olive oil in woozy bottles. I've never had a problem with it but am not really sure how to sanitize the lids for the things. The lining for the lids appear to be paper so I'm just not sure what would be the best method.

Thanks
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Nick Lewis wrote:

> Hello new to the group. I searched and was unable
>to find an answer so hope I'm not asking a redundant
>question. I bottle a smoked olive oil in woozy bottles.
>I've never had a problem with it but am not really sure
>how to sanitize the lids for the things. The lining for
>the lids appear to be paper so I'm just not sure what
>would be the best method.

is the paper coated with plastic, wax or foil?

probably it is sterile enough from manufacturing,
but that's just a guess.

whatever you are doing to smoke an oil it sounds
rather strange to me and i hope there is no way for
botulism bacteria to get going in there...

songbird

Looking for Low Cost Woozy Bottless & Caps No Name Cooking Equipment 1 18-07-2012 01:13 PM
cleaning and sanitizing Tater Winemaking 7 22-03-2007 11:55 PM
sanitizing equipment Tater Winemaking 6 16-03-2007 10:12 PM
Sanitizing/Cleaning...best? Joe Winemaking 4 15-04-2004 10:39 PM
sanitizing bottles anthony Winemaking 2 12-04-2004 03:02 PM