Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Ahem! Chicago Tribune story

On 8/15/2010 12:49 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sat 14 Aug 2010 12:12:39p, George Shirley told us...
>
>> On 8/14/2010 1:19 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Thu 12 Aug 2010 04:50:46a, George Shirley told us...

>>> Skips a generation? As so many other things do. :-) For the
>>> great grandkids it's something new, novel, and adventurous,
>>> perhaps. Your kids and grandkids saw it often, so it's probably
>>> ordinary and mundane.
>>>

>> I think part of it is that they're ages 9 and 5, at that age they
>> are getting to the point where they will eat anything that doesn't
>> bite back. When they come to visit I have to make either waffles
>> or pancakes for breakfast and they get to tell me what to add,
>> blueberries, bananas, apple slices, whatever they want. They
>> prefer good, thick, crisp bacon to sausage, want orange juice, not
>> apple. They like my old-fashioned oatmeal cookies with cran
>> raisins, not grape raisins. I like these little girls, they are a
>> total hoot. And, when they get tired and grumpy, my grandson takes
>> them home. They third girl, Molly Anne (guess who the middle name
>> is from)was born in December 2009 and is developing a lovely
>> personality. She loves everyone, grins a lot, eats three meals a
>> day (breast fed as all the little girls were), is starting to eat
>> solid foods and hollers at you if you're not feeding her fast
>> enough, and, most importantly, loves her great granpa a lot. I
>> should have started with great grands if that was possible,
>> they're even better than grands.
>>

> You're a very lucky man, George!

It took me several years of marriage to realize that for myself Wayne.
Miz Anne and I don't always agree on everything but we never go to bed
mad. On December 26, 2010 we will have been married fifty years. Our
kids are planning a feed at a seafood restaurant in the Houston area as
a celebration. That will be some crowd, two kids, five grandkids, four
greatgrandkids, five spousal units plus the two of us. Going to be one
helluva bill for someone to pay.

I can still remember the day I met the young lady in 1958 too.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> On 8/15/2010 12:49 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> You're a very lucky man, George!
>>

> It took me several years of marriage to realize that for myself Wayne. t's
> Miz Anne and I don't always agree on everything but we never go to bed
> mad. On December 26, 2010 we will have been married fifty yeas. Our
> kids are planning a feed at a seafood restaurant in the Houston area as
> a celebration. That will be some crowd, two kids, five grandkids, four
> greatgrandkids, five spousal units plus the two of us. Going to be one
> helluva bill for someone to pay.

That's OK, they'll manage. Y'all deserve it.

We'll celebrate 44 years in September.

gloria p