Red

Default Chicago Tribune 2/4/04 (a little long)

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:56:18 -0600, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>Why are so many text articles being posted here instead of in
>their proper place, alt.food.barbecue?
>
>Rest of the article quoted and crossposted...
>
>-sw

I posted this on abf because Gary is a regular contributor and some
of his posts are pictures taken during these dinners around Chicago.

I didn't post it on afb because it has no connection to barbecue.

Red
F.G. Whitfurrows

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> It seems that most of the actual BBQ discussion has moved over to
> abf. Not so much this post, but there's a lot of Text-BBQ posts
> over there in abf.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......don't alert the undesirables. Its still a very nice
place.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Jack Sloan

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
news:nYednRi607CSWrzdRVn- t my $.02 and probably not even worth that to most
> people. I don't wanna seem like a netcop (even though you all
> SUCK! ;-)
>
> It seems that most of the actual BBQ discussion has moved over to
> abf. Not so much this post, but there's a lot of Text-BBQ posts
> over there in abf.
>
> -sw

Steve, You been drinkin' Pearl again?
Jack

M&M

On 4-Feb-2004, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> I see what you're saying, but in the same sense that binaries
> shouldn't be posted to afb, text should really stay in afb. I
> think that most of the posts in a.b.f should have followups set to
> afb, especially repsonses more than just "looks good".

I couldn't agree more. The more we treat newsgroups like citizens band,
the more they're going to resemble it. There is a structure for newsgroups
including the 'alt.*' groups. While I don't advocate dotting every single
'i'
and crossing every single 'T', I'd like to see the vast majority of text
kept
to a text group.

M&M