Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default PBDC

Finis!
Five pints processed, 3/4 of one for fridge storage for a friend with
questionable taste in food.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 7/13/2010 10:27 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Finis!
> Five pints processed, 3/4 of one for fridge storage for a friend with
> questionable taste in food.

Beets are better than henna for designs on hands and feet. Not to
mention the stains on your clothing. Ever try a beet rinse on your hair? <G>
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> On 7/13/2010 10:27 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Finis!
> > Five pints processed, 3/4 of one for fridge storage for a friend with
> > questionable taste in food.
> >

> Beets are better than henna for designs on hands and feet. Not to
> mention the stains on your clothing. Ever try a beet rinse on your hair? <G>

Interesting you say that, George. I have noted that the beet juice is
NOT staining my hands nor cloth. I'd've bet on it, too.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 7/13/2010 12:45 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article<uuadnYkan8aODKHRnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d@giganews. com>,
> George > wrote:
>
>> On 7/13/2010 10:27 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> Finis!
>>> Five pints processed, 3/4 of one for fridge storage for a friend with
>>> questionable taste in food.
>>>

>> Beets are better than henna for designs on hands and feet. Not to
>> mention the stains on your clothing. Ever try a beet rinse on your hair?<G>

> Interesting you say that, George. I have noted that the beet juice is
> NOT staining my hands nor cloth. I'd've bet on it, too.

Me too, we eat beets frequently and are always staining something with
the juice.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> On 7/13/2010 12:45 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article<uuadnYkan8aODKHRnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d@giganews. com>,
> > George > wrote:

> >> Beets are better than henna for designs on hands and feet. Not to
> >> mention the stains on your clothing. Ever try a beet rinse on your hair?<G>

> > Interesting you say that, George. I have noted that the beet juice is
> > NOT staining my hands nor cloth. I'd've bet on it, too.
> >

> Me too, we eat beets frequently and are always staining something with
> the juice.

I think you misread -- the juice is NOT staining anything -- skin,
cloth, sink.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> George Shirley > wrote:
>
>> On 7/13/2010 10:27 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> Finis!
>>> Five pints processed, 3/4 of one for fridge storage for a friend with
>>> questionable taste in food.
>>>

>> Beets are better than henna for designs on hands and feet. Not to
>> mention the stains on your clothing. Ever try a beet rinse on your hair? <G>

> Interesting you say that, George. I have noted that the beet juice is
> NOT staining my hands nor cloth. I'd've bet on it, too.

I bet it's not staining George's luxuriant locks, either. ;-)

gloria p

pbdc's finally done songbird Preserving 9 04-01-2016 04:12 PM
pbdc's songbird Preserving 5 23-08-2012 12:52 AM
pbdc's 6 quarts songbird Preserving 5 28-07-2012 01:27 AM