Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Barb's B&B Picxkles

My Mom opened a jar of Bread and Butter pickles that I put up in 2007 for
lunch today and she raved at how delicious they are! I said, "I know! I
was eating them still warm out of the pot when I made them! Even before I
had a chance to put them in the jars! I got that recipe from Barb!!!"

I think it was the last jar in existence (that I made anyway...) Guess
they're on the list of things to make this year....

....just sayin'.......

Kathi

Posted to rec.food.preserving

lol - just spotted the typo in the subject line....

"Kathi Jones" > wrote in message
> My Mom opened a jar of Bread and Butter pickles that I put up in 2007 for
> lunch today and she raved at how delicious they are! I said, "I know! I
> was eating them still warm out of the pot when I made them! Even before I
> had a chance to put them in the jars! I got that recipe from Barb!!!"
>
> I think it was the last jar in existence (that I made anyway...) Guess
> they're on the list of things to make this year....
>
> ...just sayin'.......
>
> Kathi

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"Kathi Jones" > wrote:

> My Mom opened a jar of Bread and Butter pickles that I put up in 2007 for
> lunch today and she raved at how delicious they are! I said, "I know! I
> was eating them still warm out of the pot when I made them! Even before I
> had a chance to put them in the jars! I got that recipe from Barb!!!"
>
> I think it was the last jar in existence (that I made anyway...) Guess
> they're on the list of things to make this year....
>
> ...just sayin'.......
>
> Kathi

Oh, I'm glad she likes them. They ARE pretty good. "-)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"Kathi Jones" > wrote:

> lol - just spotted the typo in the subject line....
>

> "Kathi Jones" > wrote in message
> > My Mom opened a jar of Bread and Butter pickles that I put up in 2007 for
> > lunch today and she raved at how delicious they are! I said, "I know! I
> > was eating them still warm out of the pot when I made them! Even before I
> > had a chance to put them in the jars! I got that recipe from Barb!!!"
> >
> > I think it was the last jar in existence (that I made anyway...) Guess
> > they're on the list of things to make this year....
> >
> > ...just sayin'.......
> >
> > Kathi

Note: They aren't *really* x-rated.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >, Sunny <Sunny>
wrote:

> Barb,
> I've tried to search for your B + B pickle recipe, but I'm not very
> good at searching yet. Could you post your B + B recipe just once
> more please?
>
> Thanks,
> Lou

I Googled and came up with this link - this is a TinyURL to the post on
my website: http://tinyurl.com/24rw58m
With pictures, even.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >, Sunny <Sunny>
wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:18:00 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
> >I Googled and came up with this link - this is a TinyURL to the post on
> >my website: http://tinyurl.com/24rw58m
> >With pictures, even.

> Thanks very much. Now to find some pickling cukes at a famer's market
> here in FL.

For B&Bs, look for pickles that are about 1-1/2" in diameter and maybe
5" long.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Updated 4-24-2010 with food story and pictures
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, Sunny <Sunny>
> wrote:
>
>> Barb,
>> I've tried to search for your B + B pickle recipe, but I'm not very
>> good at searching yet. Could you post your B + B recipe just once
>> more please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lou

> I Googled and came up with this link - this is a TinyURL to the post on
> my website: http://tinyurl.com/24rw58m
> With pictures, even.

That is very close to the pickles I made back in the 70s from the USDA
pickling pamphlet but theirs had no peppers. They were delicious. If I
make them again I'll add a couple of those small dried hot red peppers.
There's a delicious Vlassic version called "Zesty Bread and Butter
Chips" that I'd like to duplicate now that Barb has made me more
confident about BWB at high altitude.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
"gloria.p" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >, Sunny <Sunny>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Barb,
> >> I've tried to search for your B + B pickle recipe, but I'm not very
> >> good at searching yet. Could you post your B + B recipe just once
> >> more please?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Lou

> > I Googled and came up with this link - this is a TinyURL to the post on
> > my website: http://tinyurl.com/24rw58m
> > With pictures, even.

> That is very close to the pickles I made back in the 70s from the USDA
> pickling pamphlet but theirs had no peppers. They were delicious. If I
> make them again I'll add a couple of those small dried hot red peppers.
> There's a delicious Vlassic version called "Zesty Bread and Butter
> Chips" that I'd like to duplicate now that Barb has made me more
> confident about BWB at high altitude.
>
> gloria p

Eeep! How'd *I* give you more confidence about BWB at high altitude? I
have no experience with high altitude canning ‹ but I'm glad you're
feeling good about doing it. :-) :-) AFAIK it nothing more than
increasing processing time. (Did you taste those pickles when you were
here?)