Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Great price on vacuum sealer bags for Canadians

Just a quick heads up for Canadians. Costco Canada's on line division,
Costco.ca, has the vacuum sealer bags listed again.
http://tinyurl.com/ydcqga4
These are for the Orved brand of sealer but, they work just fine for
any "external" type of vacuum sealer.
We bought some of the 8 X 12 inch size over a year ago and they are
excellent bags, good, heavy duty material. Then, for a long time
Costco didn't have them listed but, they're back again now.
They work out quite a bit cheaper than buying rolls. We don't have
much use for 6 X 12 inch bags but, the 8 X 12 inch size at $24.99 per
100 bags works out to the equivalent of about $5.00 per roll. The 10 X
18 inch size at $38.99 per 100 bags works out to the equivalent of
about $4.70 per roll.
A word of warning. They have different types of bags listed but only
the one type is good for "external"-type vacuum sealers like FoodSaver
and Rival. If you order some, make sure you order the ones listed for
EPV/EVS machines as they have the "channels".
I don't know if Costco in other parts of the world lists these bags or
not.

Ross.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Ross......

Do you know if these vacuum sealer bags are sold in the stores or iss this
just an on-line offer?

> wrote in message
> Just a quick heads up for Canadians. Costco Canada's on line division,
> Costco.ca, has the vacuum sealer bags listed again.
> http://tinyurl.com/ydcqga4
> These are for the Orved brand of sealer but, they work just fine for
> any "external" type of vacuum sealer.
> We bought some of the 8 X 12 inch size over a year ago and they are
> excellent bags, good, heavy duty material. Then, for a long time
> Costco didn't have them listed but, they're back again now.
> They work out quite a bit cheaper than buying rolls. We don't have
> much use for 6 X 12 inch bags but, the 8 X 12 inch size at $24.99 per
> 100 bags works out to the equivalent of about $5.00 per roll. The 10 X
> 18 inch size at $38.99 per 100 bags works out to the equivalent of
> about $4.70 per roll.
> A word of warning. They have different types of bags listed but only
> the one type is good for "external"-type vacuum sealers like FoodSaver
> and Rival. If you order some, make sure you order the ones listed for
> EPV/EVS machines as they have the "channels".
> I don't know if Costco in other parts of the world lists these bags or
> not.
>
> Ross.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

They don't have them in my local Costco (Kitchener, ON) but, I just
had email from my granddaughter in Calgary and she says they've been
in the store out there for the last 6 weeks or so.

Ross.

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:46:46 -0700, "maureeng7" >
wrote:

>Ross......
>
>Do you know if these vacuum sealer bags are sold in the stores or iss this
>just an on-line offer?
>

> wrote in message
.. .
>> Just a quick heads up for Canadians. Costco Canada's on line division,
>> Costco.ca, has the vacuum sealer bags listed again.
>> http://tinyurl.com/ydcqga4
>> These are for the Orved brand of sealer but, they work just fine for
>> any "external" type of vacuum sealer.
>> We bought some of the 8 X 12 inch size over a year ago and they are
>> excellent bags, good, heavy duty material. Then, for a long time
>> Costco didn't have them listed but, they're back again now.
>> They work out quite a bit cheaper than buying rolls. We don't have
>> much use for 6 X 12 inch bags but, the 8 X 12 inch size at $24.99 per
>> 100 bags works out to the equivalent of about $5.00 per roll. The 10 X
>> 18 inch size at $38.99 per 100 bags works out to the equivalent of
>> about $4.70 per roll.
>> A word of warning. They have different types of bags listed but only
>> the one type is good for "external"-type vacuum sealers like FoodSaver
>> and Rival. If you order some, make sure you order the ones listed for
>> EPV/EVS machines as they have the "channels".
>> I don't know if Costco in other parts of the world lists these bags or
>> not.
>>
>> Ross.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
abbay > wrote:

> yeah i agree with you...Vacuum sealer bags are made of more than one
> layer, which makes them more resistant. These bags prevent your food
> from freezer burn and I am sure that there is no person who hasn't
> experienced that. When your food is in freezer, in contact with air,
> gets dried out, changes color and you have to throw it. That is wasting
> the money. With these bags, you don't have to worry about that. They
> prevent liking and that way they keep flavor in so your food tastes the
> same as before packing...for more information..read this...
>
> 'Best Foodsaver reviews vacuum food sealers review'
> (http://www.foodsaverblog.com/)

Freezer burn is not spoilage; it can often be trimmed from meat if one
finds the bit of dry surface offputting. I don't think I've ever thrown
meat simply because of a bit of freezer burn‹*that's* wasteful.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of

Vacuum sealer bags marika[_1_] Preserving 2 06-07-2009 07:21 PM
Vacuum sealer bags GoodCook Preserving 1 05-07-2009 05:04 PM
Vacuum sealer bags Big Daddy's House Preserving 0 05-07-2009 04:48 PM
LV 2008 New bags, LV Damier bags, LV Epi bags, LV Mahina Bags, LVMonogram bags,LV Monogram purses, LV Denim bags,LV Mini Lin bags,LVMulticolore bags,LV Vernis bags. [email protected] General Cooking 0 29-03-2008 10:07 AM
Walmart Vacuum Sealer Bags Stan (the Man) Barbecue 23 11-11-2005 09:16 PM