Posted to rec.food.preserving,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

Default Vacuum sealer bags

> wrote in message

> Lots of sweet cherries just about ready, the birds usually get most of
> them about two days before they're fully ripe.

My mother has this glorious garden with lots of berries. There's lots of
stealth.
But she saves the prizes for her beloved chickens. Somehow I never imagined
chickens eating berries but they love them.

I told her to buy this book a few years ago, and she loved it. I admit I
still haven't read it but my reading still hasn't been caught up on

By Corinne H. Smith (Athol, MA USA) - (I lost the original credit for the
reviewer)
Still Life with Chickens: Starting Over in a House by the Sea (Hardcover)
by Catherine Goldhammer (

Divorce happens every day. Families split up, someone leaves the house, and
each individual tries to create a new life. What makes Catherine
Goldhammer's experience unique is the addition of - believe it or not -
CHICKENS. Buying six fluffy chicks and having her teenage daughter learn how
to raise them disrupts the household enough that it helps to bridge the
transition between the old, comfortable life and the new, unsure one in a
fixer-upper along the Massachusetts coastline. Sharing a suburban residence
with a dog, a cat, and six chicks who don't stay little for long makes for
an interesting and hectic lifestyle. Catherine and Emma's daily routine soon
revolves around the feathered ones. Goldhammer tells her story with the
candor and humor of hindsight, and it makes for quick and entertaining
reading. Most of us have never thought of poultry as possible pets. After
finishing "Still Life," readers may find themselves opting for veggie
platters over chicken dinners in restaurants.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Dave Balderstone wrote:

[...]

A word, if I may.

This group is small enough that the Standard Advice about feeding trolls
really does work.

B/

Great price on vacuum sealer bags for Canadians [email protected] Preserving 3 05-08-2010 03:31 PM
Vacuum sealer bags GoodCook Preserving 1 05-07-2009 05:04 PM
Vacuum sealer bags Big Daddy's House Preserving 0 05-07-2009 04:48 PM
LV 2008 New bags, LV Damier bags, LV Epi bags, LV Mahina Bags, LVMonogram bags,LV Monogram purses, LV Denim bags,LV Mini Lin bags,LVMulticolore bags,LV Vernis bags. [email protected] General Cooking 0 29-03-2008 10:07 AM
Walmart Vacuum Sealer Bags Stan (the Man) Barbecue 23 11-11-2005 09:16 PM