Bpyboy

Default dehydrated food and shelf life

Hi folks.
I had a couple questions about dehydrated foods, and what kind of shelf life
can be expected from them. After the recent hurricanes made buying food a real
nightmare around here, I began looking into storable foods, maybe a 2 week
supply to keep around, and avoid the fear and price gouging that i saw.

I was amazed at what many of them cost! I do have a good dehydrator, vacuum
sealer, and some experience in drying foods, and was wondering about a viable
way to lay back several days to a couple weeks supply of food.

My experience with dehydrating is mainly from backpacking, and typically the
foods are prepared and used within a week or two. I was just wondering if
anyone has any experience with preparing foods for longer term (a couple years
maybe?) storage.

Thanks a lot of any info
John
Bpyboy

sorry, but to clarify, I guess what i'm looking for are for long term storable
foods that are
A) Nutrionally dense
B) Easy to prepare and re-hydrate
C) Preferably, pre-flavored/mixed (ie, dried sauces)

These are mainly what i look for in backpacking food, but agian, i've never
tried foods older than a week or two.

thanks again
John
Bpyboy

sorry, but to clarify, I guess what i'm looking for are for long term storable
foods that are
A) Nutrionally dense
B) Easy to prepare and re-hydrate
C) Preferably, pre-flavored/mixed (ie, dried sauces)

These are mainly what i look for in backpacking food, but agian, i've never
tried foods older than a week or two.

thanks again
John

Shelf life of frozen food [email protected] General Cooking 5 16-10-2016 05:25 AM
shelf life k-dawg Winemaking 2 01-02-2006 05:12 PM
Egg Shelf Life? N. Thornton Baking 7 17-04-2004 06:47 PM
egg shelf life Vox Humana Baking 0 06-04-2004 04:24 PM
egg shelf life Matt Baking 0 06-04-2004 07:11 AM