nutNhoney

Default 10+ doz ears corn on its way

My work is cut out for me the next couple of days. DD is on her way
with 10+ doz ears of "yellow" corn. I'm very excited as we generally
can only get the peaches and cream corn here. P&C corn freezes ok but
nothing beats the yellow corn! Each doz is a farmer's doz plus one or
two so I'll likely end up with 11 or 12 doz ears. According to DD the
cobs are huge! Corn is one of my favourite veggies to preserve as there
is little prep work. I'm planning on canning whole kernel, cream corn,
corn relish and freezing the rest. A few cobs might get roasted tonight
on the campfire
Gary S.

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:27:54 -0400, nutNhoney >
wrote:

>My work is cut out for me the next couple of days. DD is on her way
>with 10+ doz ears of "yellow" corn. I'm very excited as we generally
>can only get the peaches and cream corn here. P&C corn freezes ok but
>nothing beats the yellow corn! Each doz is a farmer's doz plus one or
>two so I'll likely end up with 11 or 12 doz ears. According to DD the
>cobs are huge! Corn is one of my favourite veggies to preserve as there
>is little prep work. I'm planning on canning whole kernel, cream corn,
>corn relish and freezing the rest. A few cobs might get roasted tonight
>on the campfire

One of my favorites with fresh corn is to roast the ears uncovered
until the kernels are browned, then rub it with a wedge of fresh
lemon, and sprinkle on salt.

Some sprinkle with a little cayenne powder.

A different taste, and a bit healthier than doing it up with melted
butter.

Can work with a gas stove, or a camp stove, if a fire or grill is not
available.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Gary S.

wrote:

>My work is cut out for me the next couple of days. DD is on her way
>with 10+ doz ears of "yellow" corn. I'm very excited as we generally
>can only get the peaches and cream corn here. P&C corn freezes ok but
>nothing beats the yellow corn! Each doz is a farmer's doz plus one or
>two so I'll likely end up with 11 or 12 doz ears. According to DD the
>cobs are huge! Corn is one of my favourite veggies to preserve as there
>is little prep work. I'm planning on canning whole kernel, cream corn,
>corn relish and freezing the rest. A few cobs might get roasted tonight
>on the campfire

One of my favorites with fresh corn is to roast the ears uncovered
until the kernels are browned, then rub it with a wedge of fresh
lemon, and sprinkle on salt.

Some sprinkle with a little cayenne powder.

A different taste, and a bit healthier than doing it up with melted
butter.

Can work with a gas stove, or a camp stove, if a fire or grill is not
available.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, nutNhoney
> wrote:

> My work is cut out for me the next couple of days. DD is on her way
> with 10+ doz ears of "yellow" corn. I'm very excited as we generally
> can only get the peaches and cream corn here. P&C corn freezes ok but
> nothing beats the yellow corn! Each doz is a farmer's doz plus one or
> two so I'll likely end up with 11 or 12 doz ears. According to DD the
> cobs are huge! Corn is one of my favourite veggies to preserve as there
> is little prep work. I'm planning on canning whole kernel, cream corn,
> corn relish and freezing the rest. A few cobs might get roasted tonight
> on the campfire

Will you make any corn relish? I've got a good recipe. . . .
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, nutNhoney
> wrote:

> My work is cut out for me the next couple of days. DD is on her way
> with 10+ doz ears of "yellow" corn. I'm very excited as we generally
> can only get the peaches and cream corn here. P&C corn freezes ok but
> nothing beats the yellow corn! Each doz is a farmer's doz plus one or
> two so I'll likely end up with 11 or 12 doz ears. According to DD the
> cobs are huge! Corn is one of my favourite veggies to preserve as there
> is little prep work. I'm planning on canning whole kernel, cream corn,
> corn relish and freezing the rest. A few cobs might get roasted tonight
> on the campfire

Yech! Disregard my first reply. As soon as I hit the 'send' button, I
saw 'corn relish' in your post. Whoops.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Melba's Jammin'