The Joneses

Default I don't give a fig jam

To search & research. Boy it's late. So my dear, dear
friends, my sweet dilemma: Neighbor lady hands me pail of
nice ripe figs, kinda greenish yellow. 7 pounds cleaned. I
quartered them & simmered in some water for 45 min, pureed
with food mill. I want a nice pretty smooth jam. Will
finish tomorrow. Most of the recipes I scanned have us
matching the fruit with equal number of sugar and lots of
lemon juice. Would lime juice be okay? got most of a
bottle. Will probably reserve a portion to make lo sugar
jam, will use NSN pectin, etc. Could I make a lo sugar fig
butter sort of deal, would it be safe enuf if I added lots
of citrus? I will BWB the end result, but I'm trying to cut
the sugar down. Do figs have lots of natual pectin.

And are your hands all chapped from washing fruits & veggies
and everything in the kitchen two or three times a day?
Tired, Edrena