Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Wildlife

I just got home from an errand and opened the sliding glass door to the
patio to cool off the house (75 deg. inside, 71 outside) only to see SIX
raccoons in or around the grape vine on the overhead trellis. The ones
on the ground scampered all of about 6 feet away, waiting for me to
leave so they could continue to eat the grapes, still green but very
plentiful this year. The ones on the trellis just ignored me.

I had hoped to make grape juice this year because we have so many
grapes. but they always beat me to it, about a week before the grapes
begin to show any sign of ripening. The raccoons live in our storm
sewers and have become way too aggressive over the years.

Made a second batch of zucchini bread today for the freezer. The garden
is very marginal this year. The flowers are doing very well, as are
the weeds, due to all the rain. Moderate temperatures have been very
comfortable, but they don't do much for the tomatoes.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Gloria P wrote:

> raccoon

I think you need http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zracoon.html and a
freezer :-)

JKW

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Gloria P wrote:
> I just got home from an errand and opened the sliding glass door to the
> patio to cool off the house (75 deg. inside, 71 outside) only to see SIX
> raccoons in or around the grape vine on the overhead trellis. The ones
> on the ground scampered all of about 6 feet away, waiting for me to
> leave so they could continue to eat the grapes, still green but very
> plentiful this year. The ones on the trellis just ignored me.
>
> I had hoped to make grape juice this year because we have so many
> grapes. but they always beat me to it, about a week before the grapes
> begin to show any sign of ripening. The raccoons live in our storm
> sewers and have become way too aggressive over the years.
>
> Made a second batch of zucchini bread today for the freezer. The garden
> is very marginal this year. The flowers are doing very well, as are
> the weeds, due to all the rain. Moderate temperatures have been very
> comfortable, but they don't do much for the tomatoes.
>
> gloria p

Can you get the local authorities to trap them and release them
somewhere else? Either that or get a big dog that will chase them.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

LMAO!!!

Wildlife galore Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 13 13-05-2017 12:17 AM
WIldlife Gloria P General Cooking 2 06-10-2009 01:33 PM
Restaurant wildlife revisited Phred General Cooking 2 04-09-2007 12:42 PM
Restaurant wildlife Phred General Cooking 1 03-09-2007 05:20 PM
British Study on Organic Farms - Better for wildlife Beach Runner Vegan 0 24-08-2005 11:55 PM