Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default U of GA food preservation course

I just put my name in the hat for the subject course and will be waiting
for their reply within the week.

Tomorrow we start processing about forty pounds of Kiefer canning pears
for various stuff, ie. pear sauce, pear jelly, pear slices, etc. Lots of
work but need to get it done before Boss Lady goes back to work on 8/12.
The dawg hasn't learned how to peel fruit yet.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:

> The dawg hasn't learned how to peel fruit yet.

Give her time! She's still just a puppy. :-)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 12:12:22 -0500, George Shirley
> wrote:

>I just put my name in the hat for the subject course and will be waiting
>for their reply within the week.
>
>Tomorrow we start processing about forty pounds of Kiefer canning pears
>for various stuff, ie. pear sauce, pear jelly, pear slices, etc. Lots of
>work but need to get it done before Boss Lady goes back to work on 8/12.
>The dawg hasn't learned how to peel fruit yet.

I sent in a application too it sounded like fun!

I have a cat who could learn how to use a peeler, she's got "thumb"
feet and could rule the world if she wasn't so teeny. If she did, we'd
all get a lot more naps and probably be nicer to each other.

snow

Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> I just put my name in the hat for the subject course and will be
> waiting for their reply within the week.

Pah! Put your name down???? You could teach them!!

> Tomorrow we start processing about forty pounds of Kiefer canning
> pears for various stuff, ie. pear sauce, pear jelly, pear slices,
> etc. Lots of work but need to get it done before Boss Lady goes back
> to work on 8/12. The dawg hasn't learned how to peel fruit yet.

You are being remiss in that dawg's education!!

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Ophelia wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>> I just put my name in the hat for the subject course and will be
>> waiting for their reply within the week.

> Pah! Put your name down???? You could teach them!!
>
>> Tomorrow we start processing about forty pounds of Kiefer canning
>> pears for various stuff, ie. pear sauce, pear jelly, pear slices,
>> etc. Lots of work but need to get it done before Boss Lady goes back
>> to work on 8/12. The dawg hasn't learned how to peel fruit yet.

> You are being remiss in that dawg's education!!

Well, she will eat any kind of fruit but bananas and she will eat them
if you put a little salad dressing on them. They cut her thumbs off
before I got her so she's got no grip.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>> George Shirley wrote:
>>> I just put my name in the hat for the subject course and will be
>>> waiting for their reply within the week.

>> Pah! Put your name down???? You could teach them!!
>>
>>> Tomorrow we start processing about forty pounds of Kiefer canning
>>> pears for various stuff, ie. pear sauce, pear jelly, pear slices,
>>> etc. Lots of work but need to get it done before Boss Lady goes back
>>> to work on 8/12. The dawg hasn't learned how to peel fruit yet.

>> You are being remiss in that dawg's education!!
>>

> Well, she will eat any kind of fruit but bananas and she will eat them
> if you put a little salad dressing on them. They cut her thumbs off
> before I got her so she's got no grip.

Aye, if it were not for