Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default cauliflower

I thought if I posted the recipe my mom used you could tell me if it is ok.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Mom's 4 Day Pickles

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 24
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Family

-= Ingredients =-
-MM BY HELEN PEAGRAM-
3 quarts Gherkins <-=OR=->
Same amount small cukes
2 Cauliflower
1/3 cup Pickling salt
8 cups Boiling water
3 1/2 Cup White vinegar
5 cups Sugar
2 1/2 Cup Water
3/4 ounce Allspice buds
1 ounce Cassia buds

-= Instructions =-
1st Day: Wash and slice cucumbers or gherkins into slices. Wash and break
up cauliflowers into bite size pieces. Put vegetables in a crock. Cover
with brine made with salt and boiling water. Double amounts of brine if
necessary to cover vegetables. 2nd Day: Drain brine and replace with
fresh brine. 3rd Day: Drain brine and replace with fresh brine. 4th Day:
Drain well and rinse vegetables. In a large kettle, bring to a boil
vinegar, sugar and spices. Place 1/4 tsp alum in each PINT jar. Fill with
pickles and pour pickling solution to fill jar. Keep 1 month before use.

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN