Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default An appeal for a cherry marmalade recipe

As it says in the subject title, this is simply and an appeal for a
cherry marmalade recipe. Can anybody help please?

Yours hopefully

Uncle Ned

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Uncle Ned wrote:
> As it says in the subject title, this is simply and an appeal for a
> cherry marmalade recipe. Can anybody help please?
>
> Yours hopefully
>
> Uncle Ned

What do you mean by cherry marmalade? Most marmalades are made from
citrus fruits, do you mean adding cherries to one of these?
Ellen
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"ellen wickberg" > wrote in message
> Uncle Ned wrote:
>> As it says in the subject title, this is simply and an appeal for a
>> cherry marmalade recipe. Can anybody help please?
>>
>> Yours hopefully Uncle Ned
>>

> What do you mean by cherry marmalade? Most marmalades are made from
> citrus fruits, do you mean adding cherries to one of these?
> Ellen

there's a 'quick strawberry lemon marmalade' in the big Bernardin book that
has lemon peel, chrushed strawberries, powdered pectin and sugar in it.
Maybe you could substitute cherries for the strawberries? I'll post the
recipe if you want it.

Kathi

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 15/9/06 9:18 AM, in article vrlOg.554675$IK3.434908@pd7tw1no, "ellen
wickberg" > wrote:

> Uncle Ned wrote:
>> As it says in the subject title, this is simply and an appeal for a
>> cherry marmalade recipe. Can anybody help please?
>>
>> Yours hopefully
>>
>> Uncle Ned
>>

> What do you mean by cherry marmalade? Most marmalades are made from
> citrus fruits, do you mean adding cherries to one of these?
> Ellen

Ellen I think he may be referring to jams made in Portugal or France where
the word Marmelo and Marmelade (think Red Onion Marmelade) in which case I
would suspect that a Hungarian or French recipe for Cherries using Sour
Cherries would be what this poster is after.

Peter Watson
Australia

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Oh pshaw, on Tue 19 Sep 2006 04:09:47a, Peter Watson meant to say...

http://www.fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=51518

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬