Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Cinnamon Imperials (red hots) Apples

Lost a very simple recipe for cinnamon apples where the syrup was just
the candies and water, cook apples slightly then just put in fridge or
process for storage.

Help!! Will someone post one? Google, Ask, Yahoo, and several online
recipe repositories aren't my friend tonight.

Thanks

Mark
Posted to rec.food.preserving

pheasant wrote:

> Lost a very simple recipe for cinnamon apples where the syrup was just
> the candies and water, cook apples slightly then just put in fridge or
> process for storage.
>
> Help!! Will someone post one? Google, Ask, Yahoo, and several online
> recipe repositories aren't my friend tonight.

A great recipe "repository" is the newsgroup rec.food.recipes. It
differs from rec.food.cooking in that *all* the messages are either
requests for or recipes or filling the requests.

Using the word Apples in the Subject line and All Words candy candies
cinnamon:

http://tinyurl.com/qxk67

I've never heard of "processing for storage" these items. I can't
imagine how one could go about it.

B/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

In article >,
Brian Mailman > wrote:

> pheasant wrote:
>
> > Lost a very simple recipe for cinnamon apples where the syrup was just
> > the candies and water, cook apples slightly then just put in fridge or
> > process for storage.
> >
> > Help!! Will someone post one? Google, Ask, Yahoo, and several online
> > recipe repositories aren't my friend tonight.

> A great recipe "repository" is the newsgroup rec.food.recipes. It
> differs from rec.food.cooking in that *all* the messages are either
> requests for or recipes or filling the requests.
>
> Using the word Apples in the Subject line and All Words candy candies
> cinnamon:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/qxk67
>
> I've never heard of "processing for storage" these items. I can't
> imagine how one could go about it.
>
> B/

I wonder if Mark isn't looking for something else, Brian. I'm guessing
he just wants to can sliced apples in cinnamon-flavored syrup. The new
Ball preserving book (the thick one) has a recipe for apples in syrup.
Apples, peeled, stemmed, cored, and quartered in syrup. Brought to boil
then reduced to boil gently for 5 mites. Packed, bwb for 20 minutes
(pints or quarts). Flavor the syrup with the red-hots, Mark.
They recommend a light or a medium syrup for it.
My sister makes applesauce and sweetens it with red-hots. I should ask
her about the particulars. It's nice sauce.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> Brian Mailman > wrote:
>
>> pheasant wrote:
>>
>> > Lost a very simple recipe for cinnamon apples where the syrup was just
>> > the candies and water, cook apples slightly then just put in fridge or
>> > process for storage.
>> >
>> > Help!! Will someone post one? Google, Ask, Yahoo, and several online
>> > recipe repositories aren't my friend tonight.

>> A great recipe "repository" is the newsgroup rec.food.recipes. It
>> differs from rec.food.cooking in that *all* the messages are either
>> requests for or recipes or filling the requests.
>>
>> Using the word Apples in the Subject line and All Words candy candies
>> cinnamon:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/qxk67
>>
>> I've never heard of "processing for storage" these items. I can't
>> imagine how one could go about it.
>>

> I wonder if Mark isn't looking for something else, Brian. I'm guessing
> he just wants to can sliced apples in cinnamon-flavored syrup.

Ah.

Well, it's a lesson in invalid conclsions derived from invalid assumptions.

B/, back in a couple weeks, off to SW France at 5:45am
Posted to rec.food.preserving

pheasant wrote:
> Lost a very simple recipe for cinnamon apples where the syrup was just
> the candies and water, cook apples slightly then just put in fridge or
> process for storage.
>
> Help!! Will someone post one? Google, Ask, Yahoo, and several online
> recipe repositories aren't my friend tonight.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

http://www.recipezaar.com/46279

Posted to rec.food.preserving

pheasant wrote:
> Lost a very simple recipe for cinnamon apples where the syrup was just
> the candies and water, cook apples slightly then just put in fridge or
> process for storage.
>
> Help!! Will someone post one? Google, Ask, Yahoo, and several online
> recipe repositories aren't my friend tonight.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

wait a min, could this be it?

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1919...247204,00.html