Hahabogus

Default Mexicanm Christmas Treats???

Will somebody please post some recipes for their Favorite Mexican Xmas
treats.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic
David Wright

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:04:50 GMT, Hahabogus >
wrote:

>Will somebody please post some recipes for their Favorite Mexican Xmas
>treats.

Tamales are my favorite Mexican Christmas treats, but starchless they
are not. Sorry.

David
Hahabogus

David Wright > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:04:50 GMT, Hahabogus >
> wrote:
>
> >Will somebody please post some recipes for their Favorite Mexican
> >Xmas treats.

> Tamales are my favorite Mexican Christmas treats, but starchless
> they are not. Sorry.
>
> David

Never mind the starch just post the recipe.

I was thinking more along the lines of say Mexican Wedding Cookies and
the like, but what the hell.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Dimitri

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message
> David Wright > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:04:50 GMT, Hahabogus >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Will somebody please post some recipes for their Favorite Mexican
>> >Xmas treats.

>> Tamales are my favorite Mexican Christmas treats, but starchless
>> they are not. Sorry.
>>
>> David
>>

> Never mind the starch just post the recipe.
>
> I was thinking more along the lines of say Mexican Wedding Cookies and
> the like, but what the hell.

Here you go - many recipes but this is as good as any Search "Kings Cake" or
"Rosca De Rayes".

Dimitri

Title: MEXICAN KINGS CAKE--ROSCA DE REYES
Categories: Cakes, Mexican
Yield: 1 Servings

2 pk Active dry yeast
1/2 c Warm water
1 c Milk; Warm
1 c Sugar
1 c Butter; melted, or - shortening
1 ts Salt
Grated rind of 1 lemon
6 Eggs; beaten
6 tb Orange flower water; OR - orange juice
8 c Flour; to 9 cups
3/4 c Raisins; scaled, drained, - diced
1/2 c Pecans; chopped
1 Dried beans; or 2, covered - in foil

-----------------------------------ICING-----------------------------------
1 c Confectioners' icing
2 ts Lemon juice
Water

Combine yeast and water in a small bowl, stirring until dissolved and
set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk, sugar and butter
stirring until dissolved. Add the salt, grated rind, eggs, orange flower
water and yeast mixture and blend thoroughly. Beat in 3 cups of flour to
make a smooth batter. Add the raisins pecans and sufficient flour to make
soft dough. Turn on a floured board and knead 8 minutes or until smooth.
Round into a ball and place in a warm buttered bow, turning to coat top.
Cover loosely with plastic wrap and towel and let rise until doubled.
The coffee cake may be formed in two different shapes; free form round
loaves or molded rings. Punch down the dough and divide in half. Knead
the
bean or beans (which will bring good luck to the person or persons who
receive the slice) into one or both halves. Round into loaves and place
on
a buttered baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375~ bake the loaves 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350~
and bake 30 minutes. Let loaves cool on wire racks and frost with
confectioners' icing while warm.

To prepare rings, divide dough in half and roll each piece into a rope
24-26 inches long. Place in 2 buttered 5 1/2-cup ring or savarin molds,
pinching ends together. Cover and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350~; bake rings 40 minutes. Remove and let cool on
wire racks.

Frosting. Combine 1 cup of confectioners' sugar with 2 teaspoons
lemon
juice and enough water to make a paste

Rolly

Here are two good ones. Click on the links for photo instructions.

http://rollybrook.com/empanada-sweet.htm -- a very nice cookie
http://rollybrook.com/capirotada.htm -- a Mexican bread pudding

Jack Allen

In the ingredients--1 what of dried beans?
"Dimitri" > wrote in message
. ..

> [...]

> the
> bean or beans (which will bring good luck to the person or persons who
> receive the slice) into one or both halves. Round into loaves and place
> on
> a buttered baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled about 1 hour.
> Preheat the oven to 375~ bake the loaves 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350~
> and bake 30 minutes. Let loaves cool on wire racks and frost with
> confectioners' icing while warm.
>
> To prepare rings, divide dough in half and roll each piece into a rope
> 24-26 inches long. Place in 2 buttered 5 1/2-cup ring or savarin molds,
> pinching ends together. Cover and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
> Preheat the oven to 350~; bake rings 40 minutes. Remove and let cool on
> wire racks.
>
> Frosting. Combine 1 cup of confectioners' sugar with 2 teaspoons

Ben

"Jack Allen" > wrote in message
> In the ingredients--1 what of dried beans?

Just 1 bean. Finding the bean in your slice of cake is good luck.

Ben

Treats for work bbq Barbecue 11 20-07-2004 09:21 AM
Treats for work bbq Barbecue 0 18-07-2004 09:01 PM