Member

Default hand made samosa or ready made?

What do you prefer most?
hand made samosa or ready made?
__________________
remodeling contractors
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sat, 28 May 2011 05:25:50 +0000, bishoo.devendra
> wrote:

> What do you prefer most?
> hand made samosa or ready made?

Mexican samosas? I've never had any.

--
Ken Blake
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gus Gus is offline

On May 28, 8:18*am, Ken Blake > wrote:

> Mexican samosas? I've never had any.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empanada

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sun, 29 May 2011 18:57:30 -0700 (PDT), gus
> wrote:

> On May 28, 8:18*am, Ken Blake > wrote:
>
> > Mexican samosas? I've never had any.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empanada

Thank you, but I know what empanadas are. A empanada may have some
similarities to a samosa, but it is *not* a samosa.

My point was simply that the message to which I was replying was
off-topic here.

--
Ken Blake
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gus Gus is offline

On May 30, 11:12*am, Ken Blake > wrote:

> Thank you, but I know what empanadas are. A empanada may have some
> similarities to a samosa, but it is *not* a samosa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empanada

Empanadas trace their origins to Galicia, Spain and Portugal. They
first appeared in medieval Iberia during the time of the Moorish
invasions. A cookbook published in Catalan in 1520, the Libre del Coch
by Ruperto de Nola, mentions empanadas filled with seafood among its
recipes of Catalan, Italian, French, and Arabian food. In turn, it is
believed that empanadas and the similar calzones are both derived from
the Arabic meat-filled pies, samosa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samosa

The word samosa can be traced to the Persian "sanbosag". The pastry
name in other countries also derives from this root, such as the
crescent-shaped sanbusak or sanbusaj in Arab countries, sambosa in
Afghanistan, "samosa" in India, "samboosa" in Tajikistan, samsa by
Turkic-speaking nations, sambusa in parts of Iran and chamuça in Goa,
Mozambique and Portugal. While they are modernly referred to as
sambusak in the Arabic-speaking world, Medieval Arabic recipe books
sometimes spell it sambusaj.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_pocket

Hot Pockets are microwaveable turnovers usually containing a
combination of cheese, meat, and vegetables. Hot Pockets are currently
produced by Nestlé.

> My point was simply that the message to which I was replying was
> off-topic here.

Discussions of *food* are off topic in this nearly dead NG?

Who knew?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gus Gus is offline

On May 27, 10:25*pm, bishoo.devendra <bishoo.devendra.
> wrote:

> What do you prefer most?
> hand made samosa or ready made?

Can you name a brand of factory produced samosa that one might find in
the USA?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

In article
gus > wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_pocket
>
> Hot Pockets

Food-like
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
<http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/>
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gus Gus is offline

On Jun 1, 10:51*pm, Billy > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *gus > wrote:
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_pocket

> > Hot Pockets

> Food-like

I eat Hot Pockets for the same reason I eat Mexican food:

I have the temporary feeling of fullness, then I take a satisfying
dump, fulfilling two of the three most basic bodily pleasures.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 11:13:09 -0700 (PDT), gus >
wrote:

>I eat Hot Pockets for the same reason I eat Mexican food:
>
>I have the temporary feeling of fullness, then I take a satisfying
>dump, fulfilling two of the three most basic bodily pleasures.

Dude, if defecating is one third of the "basic pleasures" you have in
your life, you have a very, very dull and unimaginative life.

I guess the fact that you have to come onto a group about Mexican
Cooking and post what you have shows that I'm correct.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gus Gus is offline

On Jun 2, 11:31*am, Landon > wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 11:13:09 -0700 (PDT), gus >
> wrote:
>
> >I eat Hot Pockets for the same reason I eat Mexican food:

> >I have the temporary feeling of fullness, then I take a satisfying
> >dump, fulfilling two of the three most basic bodily pleasures.

> Dude, if defecating is one third of the "basic pleasures" you have in
> your life, you have a very, very dull and unimaginative life.

And you have no sense of humor.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 14:26:11 -0700 (PDT), gus >
wrote:

>On Jun 2, 11:31*am, Landon > wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 11:13:09 -0700 (PDT), gus >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I eat Hot Pockets for the same reason I eat Mexican food:

>> >I have the temporary feeling of fullness, then I take a satisfying
>> >dump, fulfilling two of the three most basic bodily pleasures.

>> Dude, if defecating is one third of the "basic pleasures" you have in
>> your life, you have a very, very dull and unimaginative life.

>And you have no sense of humor.

Actually, I'm known for my love of laughter, humor and fun times.

There are times and places where scatological humor is appreciated and
thought of as something funny to do.

A group that is directly aimed at cooking and food is not one of those
places and there would never be a time that it wouldn't be seen by
most as crude, nasty and ill mannered.

Here, on alt.food.mexican-cooking? No, it's not funny and it's a real
shame you don't see that.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Gus Gus is offline

On Jun 2, 4:06*pm, Landon > wrote:

> Here, on alt.food.mexican-cooking? No, it's not funny and it's a real
> shame you don't see that.

Huh? It was only 2 or 3 years ago that the height of humor in this
group was a guy who talked about drinking hot sauce straight out of
the bottle and having diarrhea in a row boat.
Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoo.devendra View Post
What do you prefer most?
hand made samosa or ready made?
Ofcourse hand made samosa its Punjabi recipe and very famous in India it is very tasty. love it.