Old 08-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Jim Lane

Default Recipe Req...Flan

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
Which really has a lot to do with flan!!!!

The more A1 posts, the more ignorant he appears. Interesting he doesn't
mind putting that idiocy on public display. Maybe he has an attention
deficit disorder and cannot stay on topic.

Whoops, to stay on topic about Flan, I can remember this dessert from a
long time ago. It is one of my favorites and I'll try to find my
mother's recipe and put it up.

When I was in school and had a final cultural presentation to make, she
prepared forty individual flans for the class to sample (with a few
extras for the professor, natch, and me!). Got an "A" in that class. The
flan insured it.

jim

Old 08-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Jacquie

Thanks Dave...You guys have been so helpful
jacquie

Old 08-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Wayne Lundberg

"Linda" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I'm hungry!!!
BTW, the very first time I ever made flan I burnt the .

---snip---

I just took the batch from the oven after having the door open for an hour,
and now into the fridge. I notice in the one glass container that there are
three merging layers, the caramelized, then a kind of unbubbly yellowish
flan, then foamy flan on top which is typical of using the blender. I may
not have blended for a full three minutes. Obviously, it must be three
minutes - so I'm learning.

My wife just came home from work and I told her what we're having and she is
a very happy camper!

Cheers!

Wayne

Old 09-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Wayne Lundberg

Linda and group! I have tested Linda's flan on the most demanding taste buds
I know of... my wife. She loved it, truly and sincerely loved it. Said it at
the top of the list when it comes to flan. And she knows!

Thanks Linda!

Wayne

"Linda" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I'm hungry!!!
BTW, the very first time I ever made flan I burnt the carmelized coating!!
(my very first flour tortillas came out as crispy
as saltine crackers...but we won't go there)

Ha ha!

Linda

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in message

"Linda" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Here is a recipe for flan that I have made several

---snip---

I just put my first batch of Linda's flan into the oven. I was looking

for
the perfect desert for what I'm serving my family tonight: White fried

rice
with fried bananas, black beans and salsas on the side. Flan to top it

all
off!

Am watching the oven, Linda, making sure there is no boiling.

Wayne