Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bell Peppers Baby Flan (photo and recipe)

For dinner of today I have prepared this dish. I hope you enjoy it:

http://i2.tinypic.com/orttub.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/ortu29.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/orues2.jpg

For this recipe I have used 4 little alluminium stamps (diameter 6cm; height
5 1/2 cm)

BELL PEPPERS BABY FLANS

Category: entrčč or side dish
Nb persons: 4

2 medium bell peppers - (one red, one yellow)
1medium onion - sliced
1 clove garlic - minced
1 tsp olive oil
1/2tsp pepper - minced
1 tsp salt
1 egg
5 tbs beschamel (white sauce)
4 tbs breadcrumb
5 tbs reggiano cheese
1/2 tbs butter - for little stamps
2 tbs breadcrumb - for the stamps

Turn on your oven to max temperature, put inside washed bell peppers and
when they are a little burnt, take away from oven , let them cool and take
away skin and seeds.
In a frying pan put oil, garlic and onion togheter with bell peppers cut in
stripes. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper and mix till onion is tender. Turn
off the fire and let it cool. Then put the bell peppers in a food
processorand mix for 1-2 minutes. Put the mixture in a bowl and add: egg,
bechamel, breadcrumb and reggiano cheese. Mix well with a spatula. You will
obtain a not very hard mixture.
Butter the stamps, cover them with the other breadcrumb and fill them up
just a little under the borders.
Put in the oven at 180° for about 15 minutes, or till you will see they
become crispy. If you use a single stamp, you'll have to cook your dish a
little more. Let cool for 5 minutes before take them away from the stamps.
If you want You can serve with a garlic and anchovies sauce.
Have a good meal
Pandora

Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):
Calories 64kcal
Protein 2g (4%)
Total Fat 4g (6%)
Sat. 1g (7%)
Chol. 50mg (17%)
Carb. 6g (2%)
Fiber 1g (6%)
Sugars 3g
Calcium 21mg (2%)
Iron 1mg (3%)

----------

Exported from Shop'NCook 3.1 (http://www.shopncook.com)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pandora" > wrote in message
> For dinner of today I have prepared this dish. I hope you enjoy it:
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/orttub.jpg
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/ortu29.jpg
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/orues2.jpg
>
> For this recipe I have used 4 little alluminium stamps (diameter 6cm;
> height 5 1/2 cm)
> snip <

My eyes must be acting up... I read this to be "Bell Peppers Bobby Flay"...
ugggh.
--
Syssi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Syssi" > wrote in message
> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>> For dinner of today I have prepared this dish. I hope you enjoy it:
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/orttub.jpg
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/ortu29.jpg
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/orues2.jpg
>>
>> For this recipe I have used 4 little alluminium stamps (diameter 6cm;
>> height 5 1/2 cm)
>> snip <

> My eyes must be acting up... I read this to be "Bell Peppers Bobby
> Flay"... ugggh.

I was thinking "flan" as in "quiche" and had to go to the recipe to figure
out what I was actually looking at

Jani

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jani" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Syssi" > wrote in message
>> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>>> For dinner of today I have prepared this dish. I hope you enjoy it:
>>>
>>> http://i2.tinypic.com/orttub.jpg
>>>
>>> http://i2.tinypic.com/ortu29.jpg
>>>
>>> http://i2.tinypic.com/orues2.jpg
>>>
>>> For this recipe I have used 4 little alluminium stamps (diameter 6cm;
>>> height 5 1/2 cm)
>>> snip <

>> My eyes must be acting up... I read this to be "Bell Peppers Bobby
>> Flay"... ugggh.

> I was thinking "flan" as in "quiche" and had to go to the recipe to figure
> out what I was actually looking at
>
> Jani

Ohhh! I Am sorry! How do you call a flan?
cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Jani" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>> "Syssi" > wrote in message

>>> My eyes must be acting up... I read this to be "Bell Peppers Bobby
>>> Flay"... ugggh.

>> I was thinking "flan" as in "quiche" and had to go to the recipe to
>> figure out what I was actually looking at
>>
>> Jani

> Ohhh! I Am sorry! How do you call a flan?

It's a mould ("mould" is also the word for the metal utensil which you cook
it in). The dish looks gorgeous, by the way - it just confused me for a
moment, that's all

Jani

Posted to rec.food.cooking

: > Ohhh! I Am sorry! How do you call a flan?

: It's a mould ("mould" is also the word for the metal utensil which you cook
: it in). The dish looks gorgeous, by the way - it just confused me for a
: moment, that's all

: Jani

What Jani is calling a "mould" ("mold" in the US) is what Pandora is calling
a "stamp".

A flan is an egg based custard type dessert.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> ha scritto nel messaggio
>: > Ohhh! I Am sorry! How do you call a flan?
>
> : It's a mould ("mould" is also the word for the metal utensil which you

cook
> : it in). The dish looks gorgeous, by the way - it just confused me for

> : moment, that's all
>
> : Jani
>

> What Jani is calling a "mould" ("mold" in the US) is what Pandora is

calling
> a "stamp".
>
> A flan is an egg based custard type dessert.

I would say a "salted dessert"...

BTW I can't still know what do you call a flan?

Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
> > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >: > Ohhh! I Am sorry! How do you call a flan?
> >
> > : It's a mould ("mould" is also the word for the metal utensil which you

> cook
> > : it in). The dish looks gorgeous, by the way - it just confused me for

> > : moment, that's all
> >
> > : Jani
> >

> > What Jani is calling a "mould" ("mold" in the US) is what Pandora is

> calling
> > a "stamp".
> >
> > A flan is an egg based custard type dessert.

> I would say a "salted dessert"...
>
> BTW I can't still know what do you call a flan?
>
> Pandora

Some Flan Information

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/flan.htm

http://www.csusm.edu/LAFS/flan.jpg

Hope these help a little

Roberta (in VA)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roberta" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>> > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> >: > Ohhh! I Am sorry! How do you call a flan?
>> >
>> > : It's a mould ("mould" is also the word for the metal utensil

which you
>> cook
>> > : it in). The dish looks gorgeous, by the way - it just confused

me for
>> > : moment, that's all
>> >
>> > : Jani
>> >

>> > What Jani is calling a "mould" ("mold" in the US) is what Pandora

is
>> calling
>> > a "stamp".
>> >
>> > A flan is an egg based custard type dessert.

>> I would say a "salted dessert"...
>>
>> BTW I can't still know what do you call a flan?
>>
>> Pandora
>>

> Some Flan Information
>
> http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/flan.htm
>
> http://www.csusm.edu/LAFS/flan.jpg
>
> Hope these help a little
>
> Roberta (in VA)

Thank you! Now I know you should call it "Flan"
Btw, here in Italy, when a flan isn't cooked in Bain Marie, is called
"Sformato".
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> >> BTW I can't still know what do you call a flan?
> >>
> >> Pandora
> >>

> > Some Flan Information
> >
> > http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/flan.htm
> >
> > http://www.csusm.edu/LAFS/flan.jpg
> >
> > Roberta (in VA)

> Thank you! Now I know you should call it "Flan"
> Btw, here in Italy, when a flan isn't cooked in Bain Marie, is called
> "Sformato".
> Cheers
> Pandora

Here are images of Sformato
http://tinyurl.com/eaezg

Another name for 'flan' is 'creme caramel.'
http://tinyurl.com/hr7wl

Dee Dee

Salted Plum Cake With Bell peppers, Olives And Bacon (MEDITERRANEAN RECIPE) George M. Middius[_2_] General Cooking 3 01-10-2012 06:03 PM
Bell peppers Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 25 29-07-2012 07:28 PM
Red bell peppers surprise. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 25 01-06-2007 12:25 AM
HUGE Bell Peppers! [email protected] General Cooking 16 16-01-2007 08:29 PM
Bell Peppers [email protected] General Cooking 10 27-12-2005 03:20 PM