Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking

Default 1,500 year old Chiles..

On 2007-07-12, Rechazador de Disparates > wrote:

> was in her own backyard.

Your cat owns a backyard? Does it pay taxes? Has it been posted no
trespassing to songbirds? Does the environment and related ecosystems
recognize her ownership rights? I know if people kill certain bird
species, they can be charged. Why not cats? If cats kill birds, can
people kill cats? Just some thoughts I have.

nb
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 8:17 am, notbob > wrote:
> On 2007-07-12, Rechazador de Disparates > wrote:
>
> > was in her own backyard.

> Your cat owns a backyard? Does it pay taxes? Has it been posted no
> trespassing to songbirds?

No. No. Why would the cat want to do that? Better to post a sign
that says something like, "Free birdseed," to lure them in.

> Does the environment and related ecosystems
> recognize her ownership rights?

Do "the environment and related ecosystems recognize" HUMAN "ownership
rights?"

>I know if people kill certain bird
> species, they can be charged. Why not cats?

If a law says so, a cat could be considered a "nuisance" for killing
songbirds, just as it could be for digging up Mrs. Jones' daisies.

> If cats kill birds, can people kill cats?

When we lived in Florida, a cat attacked me. I would have taken it
into the woods, snapped its neck and buried it in the sandy soil,
which may have been illegal. My wife insisted that I get a cat trap,
then take the captured cat to the animal control folks and pay $25 for
THEM to kill it. Same result. Dead cat, but I was out $25 bucks.

> Just some thoughts I have.
>
> nb

--Bryan

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 6:34�am, Bobo Bonobo� > wrote:

> No. No. *Why would the cat want to do that? *Better to post a sign
> that says something like, "Free birdseed," to lure them in.

My cat used to catch the occasional scrub jay that came down to eat
her cat food, sometimes she would catch an English sparrow. One time
she was stalking a
starling that had fallen out of its nest and a neighbor freaked over
the apparent cruelty of a cat hunting an invasive alien species.

People get all emotional about birds. That's strange. Birds don't get
all emotional
about humans, they try to escape from human company.

That's why they have to be kept in cages. Human-bird relationships are
unnatural.

But my cat thinks I'm her mother. She wants to be with me. She doesn't
have to be caged, she can hang around her back yard until it's time to
be fed.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking

Rechazador de Disparates wrote:
> they try to escape from human company.
>
> That's why they have to be kept in cages. Human-bird relationships are
> unnatural.

What is unnatural about making friends with a bird? Don't humans make
friends through routine acts of kindness? Even the wildest birds will
eventually get used to you if you feed them on a regular basis. I
routinely get young litters of quail in the backyard. I like to throw
out my chopping scraps out for the chix in the morning and watch them
tackle my tall grass. I know its dinner bell mentality but mom and dad
will scratch around my feet with no problem after a few days of routine.

Chickens make great pets and wish I could have one where I live. Parrots
can die after loosing contact with an owner. I like all animals but beef
is my favorite.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sonoran Dude > wrote:

> Rechazador de Disparates wrote:
> > they try to escape from human company.
> >
> > That's why they have to be kept in cages. Human-bird relationships are
> > unnatural.

> What is unnatural about making friends with a bird? Don't humans make
> friends through routine acts of kindness? Even the wildest birds will
> eventually get used to you if you feed them on a regular basis. I
> routinely get young litters of quail in the backyard. I like to throw
> out my chopping scraps out for the chix in the morning and watch them
> tackle my tall grass. I know its dinner bell mentality but mom and dad
> will scratch around my feet with no problem after a few days of routine.
>
> Chickens make great pets and wish I could have one where I live. Parrots
> can die after loosing contact with an owner. I like all animals but beef
> is my favorite.

That is very true about Parrots.
I've heard that more than once.

"Sitting out" a pet parrot often ends in a death sentence.

My Cockatoo loves her people!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 6:17�am, notbob > wrote:

> Your cat owns a backyard? *Does it pay taxes? *Has it been posted no
> trespassing to songbirds? *Does the environment and related ecosystems
> recognize her ownership rights? *I know if people kill certain bird
> species, they can be charged. *Why not cats? *If cats kill birds, can
> people kill cats? *Just some thoughts I have.

Don't bogart that joint, my friend. Pass it over to me.

I have a rational respect for birds and the environment, I don't shoot
birds for "sport" but I don't do the backyard bird count or the
Christmas bird count either.

And I don't believe that cats are satanic.

My great grandfather's cousin was with Audubon on his expedition up
the Missouri river in the 1840's. The foliage in many of the paintings
you see in Audubon's folios painted by him, and Audubon only painted
the birds.

Audubon named a previously unknown Anthus species after my relative,
just as he named other birds after his other friends.

I have seen the rare pipit locally, but I didn't *** in my pants over
it.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking

On 2007-07-12, Rechazador de Disparates > wrote:

> And I don't believe that cats are satanic.

I don't either. I just believe there's too damn many of 'em.

nb
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2007-07-12, Rechazador de Disparates > wrote:
>
>> was in her own backyard.

> Your cat owns a backyard? Does it pay taxes? Has it been posted no
> trespassing to songbirds? Does the environment and related ecosystems
> recognize her ownership rights? I know if people kill certain bird
> species, they can be charged. Why not cats? If cats kill birds, can
> people kill cats? Just some thoughts I have.
>
> nb

My daughter has two cats and they spend much of their time attacking
birds through the glass windows of our home. I agree with you that cat
owners should be responsible to keep their cats indoors so not to
interfere with wildlife. Cats in our neighborhood don't last long
because of native wild cats, coyotes, owls and hawks. I can remember
only one outdoor cat in our neighborhood who was completely black, a
natural camouflage but he finally succumbed to a passing motorist.

Keep em sterile and keep em indoors.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sonoran Dude > wrote:

> notbob wrote:
> > On 2007-07-12, Rechazador de Disparates > wrote:
> >
> >> was in her own backyard.

> > Your cat owns a backyard? Does it pay taxes? Has it been posted no
> > trespassing to songbirds? Does the environment and related ecosystems
> > recognize her ownership rights? I know if people kill certain bird
> > species, they can be charged. Why not cats? If cats kill birds, can
> > people kill cats? Just some thoughts I have.
> >
> > nb

> My daughter has two cats and they spend much of their time attacking
> birds through the glass windows of our home. I agree with you that cat
> owners should be responsible to keep their cats indoors so not to
> interfere with wildlife. Cats in our neighborhood don't last long
> because of native wild cats, coyotes, owls and hawks. I can remember
> only one outdoor cat in our neighborhood who was completely black, a
> natural camouflage but he finally succumbed to a passing motorist.
>
> Keep em sterile and keep em indoors.

Seconded.
--
Peace, Om