Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Antojitos as "intangible human heritage"

Wayne often speaks of talking while eating and how a Mexican meal is a
feast of friendliness that satisfies both mind and stomach at the same
time...

I have recently learned that tacos are the munchy equivalent of the
oral history of Mexico...

The Mexican historian Jose N. Iturriaga equated antojitos with the
traditional sayings and aphorisms
that give structure to Mexican grammar in his book "La Cultura del
Antojito."

"El antojito es a la estructura gastronomica lo que son los dichos y
refranes a la estructura gramatical entre los mexicanos."

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/2002/03/01/peruno.html

In this Spanish language article, another author who shares the
Iturriaga surname calls for UNESCO protection for the unique and
intangible human heritage that is Mexican cooking.

It seems that authentic antojitos, traditional Mexican cooking, and
ethnic neighborhoods and the whole Mexican way of life are threatened
by Mexican-style junk food.

If you can't trust what a taco tells you, what can you believe in?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Wayne often speaks of talking while eating and how a Mexican meal is a
> feast of friendliness that satisfies both mind and stomach at the same
> time...
>
> I have recently learned that tacos are the munchy equivalent of the
> oral history of Mexico...
>
> The Mexican historian Jose N. Iturriaga equated antojitos with the
> traditional sayings and aphorisms
> that give structure to Mexican grammar in his book "La Cultura del
> Antojito."
>
> "El antojito es a la estructura gastronomica lo que son los dichos y
> refranes a la estructura gramatical entre los mexicanos."
>
> http://www.jornada.unam.mx/2002/03/01/peruno.html
>
> In this Spanish language article, another author who shares the
> Iturriaga surname calls for UNESCO protection for the unique and
> intangible human heritage that is Mexican cooking.
>
> It seems that authentic antojitos, traditional Mexican cooking, and
> ethnic neighborhoods and the whole Mexican way of life are threatened
> by Mexican-style junk food.
>
> If you can't trust what a taco tells you, what can you believe in?

Things are really changing. I'm probably guilty of loving the past too much.

Just last Sunday, visiting with mother-in-law and hubby... tried to talk
politics as we did on the fabulous rooftop garden of our multi-millionaire
family friend (now gone to his paradise along with wife and daughter)... and
we quickly cut it short because it took on the color of today's ABC, CBS,
NBC, CNN acrimony.

It used to be... we would share convictions and how a particular politician
represented that particular conviction.

God! How I miss them!

Ronald was the last.

There is not a single politician that I can think of that has a history of
standing by their moral and convictions that an electorate can hang their
hat on.

So... my frequent assertions that Mexican food is enjoyed most with chatter
and discussions and arguments, and sips of Tequila... may be a thing of the
past.

And maybe that is why I try so hard to bring that culture back through my
continuous bombardment to anybody who cares to listen.... food, conversation
equals happiness.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default let's see more of your research

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Wayne often speaks of talking while eating and how a Mexican meal is a
> feast of friendliness that satisfies both mind and stomach at the same
> time...
>
> I have recently learned that tacos are the munchy equivalent of the
> oral history of Mexico...

What other States can you provide?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 8, 10:12?pm, "Gunner" <gunner@ spam.com> wrote:
> "The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in ooglegroups.com...

> > I have recently learned that tacos are the munchy equivalent of the
> > oral history of Mexico...

> What other States can you provide?

My list of lists to be translated include:

South: Chiapas, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Tabasco

Southeast: Campeche, Quintana Roo, Yucatan

Peninsula: BC, BC Sur

Gulf coast: Vera Cruz

Altiplano Central: Aguascalientes, DF, Estado de Mexico,
Guanajuato, Higalgo, Jalisco, Michoacan, Morelos,
Puebla, Queretaro, San Luis Potosi, Tlaxcala, Zacatecas

Translating the lists using Spanish dictionaries and Mexican
glossaries is only the beginning, then I have to google for each
unique name of a dish, find an English version if it's available, or
translate a recipe from Spanish, look for it in alt.food-mexican
cooking to see if it's already been posted, and then decide whether to
add it to the intangible heritage of this group.

Some of the dishes are only curiousities because of unavailability of
the ingredients, some are unlikely to be appealing because the items
are not ordinarily consumed by Americans.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Good, now quit plagerizing the Profs work

So far your "RESEARCH" has been nothing but a blatant plagiarized version of
Professor Lopez' course curriculum and materials work.
http://www.csgastronomia.edu.mx/profesores/mbarrera/ This list you just
posted continues this violation of international copyright. A sanitized
translation of her list is not legally a "Fair Use" exemption , Booger.
Recipes, ingredients and directions are to an extent but the prose is not.
That is exactly what you copied, just abotu verbatium and translated here
for your "Research". You do nothing remotely resembling research. You
copied her work just about verbatium ( you left out a taco name becasue he
just got beat up about the Taco Wagon.). What is absolutely pathetic is you
egotictically post this work without any credit to her whatsoever,
pretending it is your own. I would strongly recommended academic
probation for any student I caught with such blatant disregard and academic
apathy. Please do not attempt to minimize this like the last time you did
this, no pretending you are only after pure academics with this sophomoric
attempt. Booger, you are here to disparage Mexicans and attain some
semblance of clique following

http://www.csgastronomia.edu.mx/profesores/mbarrera/

for those of you that have Google, you have translation capabilities in
your tool bar as well as on the pages and those that have a good culinary
knowledge, you can easily adapt the many mistranslations much better than
Bogger has been able to do to date and you do not have to endure his
underlying racial hatred comments.

http://translate.google.com/translat...fmbar rera%2f

Your Outline:

Mexicana gastronomy
a.. North
b.. Peninsula of Baja California
c.. Central plateau
d.. Slope of the Gulf
e.. The south
f.. Southeastern
This will give you a headsup time to quickly rethink your approach here and
develop some of YOUR own work because I emailed her your posts here so she
can see how bad you copied her.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Mar 9, 11:23�am, "Gunner" <gunner@ spam.com> wrote:
> So far your "RESEARCH" has been nothing but a blatant plagiarized version of
> Professor Lopez' course curriculum and materials work.http://www.csgastronomia.edu.mx/prof...mbarrera/*This list you just
> posted continues this violation of international copyright. * A sanitized
> translation of her list is not legally a "Fair Use" *exemption , Booger.

Nobody *owns* Mexican cooking, and nobody *owns* a structured list of
the names of various dishes which are specialties of the various
states and regions.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default yes, she does

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 9, 11:23?am, "Gunner" <gunner@ spam.com> wrote:
> So far your "RESEARCH" has been nothing but a blatant plagiarized version
> of
> Professor Lopez' course curriculum and materials
> work.http://www.csgastronomia.edu.mx/prof.../mbarrera/This list you
> just
> posted continues this violation of international copyright. A sanitized
> translation of her list is not legally a "Fair Use" exemption , Booger.

Nobody *owns* Mexican cooking, and nobody *owns* a structured list of
the names of various dishes which are specialties of the various
states and regions.

Semantics Booger. When you copy her outline verbatium and blantly post it
as your ownsuch as you did here that is copyright violation so yes she
does.