Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Please post recipes in English

Please post recipes in english unless this group is going to be posting
in Spanish now. We cannot read spanish and we may want to make the
recipe but dont know the language. Thank You

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"angie fox" > wrote in message
> Please post recipes in english unless this group is going to be posting
> in Spanish now. We cannot read spanish and we may want to make the
> recipe but dont know the language. Thank You

Thanks for your suggestion. You are right.

Just for the heck of it, I don't remember seeing your handle here before.
So, from an old guy on the forum, welcome!

Where are you and what kinds of Mexican ingredients are sold in your local
markets? Can you get corn tortillas? Mole dona Maria? Fresh chile jalapenos?
Cilantro (coriander).

It will help to know what you can get so we can steer the right kind of
recipes your way.

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

For those who can easily post in Spanish as some do with an English
translation - those of us working to learn Spanish really enjoy them.
Cooking involves a lot of words I haven't run across in my studies, and it
is a fun way to become conversant with them. I'm certainly not asking
anyone to go to that much trouble, just letting those who do it that way,
that it is appreciated, as are all the great cooking and cultural posts on
this site,
Mike
"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> "angie fox" > wrote in message
>> Please post recipes in english unless this group is going to be posting
>> in Spanish now. We cannot read spanish and we may want to make the
>> recipe but dont know the language. Thank You
>>

> Thanks for your suggestion. You are right.
>
> Just for the heck of it, I don't remember seeing your handle here before.
> So, from an old guy on the forum, welcome!
>
> Where are you and what kinds of Mexican ingredients are sold in your local
> markets? Can you get corn tortillas? Mole dona Maria? Fresh chile
> jalapenos?
> Cilantro (coriander).
>
> It will help to know what you can get so we can steer the right kind of
> recipes your way.
>
> Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:25:58 -0600, Mike Imbler wrote:
>
>> For those who can easily post in Spanish as some do with an English
>> translation - those of us working to learn Spanish really enjoy them.
>> Cooking involves a lot of words I haven't run across in my studies, and it
>> is a fun way to become conversant with them. I'm certainly not asking
>> anyone to go to that much trouble, just letting those who do it that way,
>> that it is appreciated, as are all the great cooking and cultural posts on
>> this site,

> I've not been paying any attention to the group since all those
> recipes started showing up. I imagine others feel the same way.
>
> -sw

If you are talking about the Gimpy Gourmet I'm with you brother... I
think this is the same guy that floated in here 6 months before under
another handle. The Master Cook cut and paste dude, thank god that is
over. Where is some good old fly by the seat of the pants Mexican
cooking advice and recipes?
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Sonoran Dude wrote:

> If you are talking about the Gimpy Gourmet I'm with you brother... I
> think this is the same guy that floated in here 6 months before under
> another handle. The Master Cook cut and paste dude, thank god that is
> over. Where is some good old fly by the seat of the pants Mexican
> cooking advice and recipes?

Will somebody throw this Norteño peasant a Monster Taco and send him
on his way, por amor de Dios?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"The Galloping Gourmand" > wrote in message
ps.com...

Sonoran Dude wrote:

> If you are talking about the Gimpy Gourmet I'm with you brother... I
> think this is the same guy that floated in here 6 months before under
> another handle. The Master Cook cut and paste dude, thank god that is
> over. Where is some good old fly by the seat of the pants Mexican
> cooking advice and recipes?

wrote : Will somebody throw this Norteño peasant a
Monster Taco and send him
on his way, por amor de Dios?

No, God told me your on your own on this one, he is still ****ed at you for
being such a bigot.

Your only claim here is you speak Spanish, but you certainly can't speak
cooking. I have to disagree with Dude a bit here, I do not think you even
spent the money on MasterCook. You bring nothing to the table here but tall
tales and a bigotry that is very distasteful. BTW "queso rallado" is
shredded cheese, not sliced but it begs the question of what kind of cheese
goes into the recipe you posted? That would be an important flavor
component don't you think? It's good you corrected the Crema Fresca thing,
still wondering who tipped you on that one? Must have been something you
read.

First rule I learned as a young agent was; always, always test your
translator's knowledge. So pack your knifes and leave, try again next
season.
Not a damn thing wrong with a Norteno nor their cooking.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

..From: "krusty kritter"
Subject: Pollo al Chipotle (Chipotle Chicken)
Date: Friday, April 15, 2005 7:19 PM

Pollo al Chipotle (Chipotle Chicken)
Ingredientes: (Ingredients
1 pollo en partes sin pellejo (1 cut up chicken without skin)
2 dientes de ajo (2 cloves of garlic)
1 cebolla picada (1 perforated onion)
2 cucharaditas de vinagre (2 teaspoons of vinegar)
1/2 latita de chipotles (half a small can of chipotles)
1/4 cucharadita de pimienta negra (1/4 teaspoon of black pepper)
2 cucharadas de consomme en polvo (2 tablespoons of powdered soup)
1/4 cucharada de sal (1/4 tablespoon of salt, sounds like a lot of
salt)
2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva (2 tablespoons of olive oil)
1/2 taza de aqua o vino blanco (1/2 a cup of water or white wine)

Preparacion: (Preparation

Se marina el pollo con sal, pimiento y aceite de oliva untado por media
hora. Marinete the chicken with salt, peper and olive oil for one half hour.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

..From: "krusty kritter"
Subject: Caldo de Mariscos (Seafood Soup)---
Date: Friday, April 22, 2005 3:49 PM

Caldo de Mariscos (Seafood Soup)
Ingredientes: (Ingredients
1/2 libra de camarones (1/2 pound of shrimp)
3 docenas de ostiones sin conchas (3 dozen? oysters without shells)
1 libra de almejas en sus conchas (1 pound of clams in their shells)
2 filetes de pescado (2 fillets of fish)
1/2 cebolla (1/2 an onion)
5 dientes de ajo (5 cloves of garlic)
1 taza de vino blanco (1 cup of white wine)
1 hoja de laurel (1 bay leaf)
1 pizca de albaca seca (1 pinch of dried basil)
1/2 cucharadita de achiote (1/2 a teaspoon of achiote)
1 cucharada de concentrado de camaron (1 tablespoon of shrimp
concentrate)
1 pizca de sal (1 pinch of salt)

Prepararacion: (Preparation
En una cacerola con 6 taza de aqua cocine las almejas y el pescado con
el ajo, cebolla, laurel, el achiote disuelto con 3 cucharadas de vino.

(In a casserole filled with 6 cups of water, cook the clams, fish,
garlic, onion bay leaf, and the achiote dissolved in 3 tablespoons of
wine.)

Baje el fuego, agregue el vino y la sal y dejelo por 15 minutos.

(Lower the flame, add the wine and the salt and leave it for 15
minutes.)

Agreque los camarones, el concentrado de camaron, el albaca, y tengalos
a fuego lento por otros 10 minutos.

(Add the shrimp, the shrimp concentrate, the basil, and keep it over a
slow fire for 10 more minutes.)

It just doesn't say *when* to add the oysters in this recipe!
And, I'm wondering how to clean the oysters of the contents of their
digestive tracts. I've never eaten a *raw* oyster in my life, and don't
ever plan to, after having seen the brown stuff ooze out of fried
breaded oysters at a seafood buffet...

Hmmm. I can get abalone. Maybe abalone would be a good substitute for
the notorious oyster...

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default did you forget something here?

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> .From: "krusty kritter"
> Subject: Pollo al Chipotle (Chipotle Chicken)
> Date: Friday, April 15, 2005 7:19 PM
>
> Pollo al Chipotle (Chipotle Chicken)
> Ingredientes: (Ingredients
> 1 pollo en partes sin pellejo (1 cut up chicken without skin)
> 2 dientes de ajo (2 cloves of garlic)
> 1 cebolla picada (1 perforated onion)
> 2 cucharaditas de vinagre (2 teaspoons of vinegar)
> 1/2 latita de chipotles (half a small can of chipotles)
> 1/4 cucharadita de pimienta negra (1/4 teaspoon of black pepper)
> 2 cucharadas de consomme en polvo (2 tablespoons of powdered soup)
> 1/4 cucharada de sal (1/4 tablespoon of salt, sounds like a lot of
> salt)
> 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva (2 tablespoons of olive oil)
> 1/2 taza de aqua o vino blanco (1/2 a cup of water or white wine)
>
> Preparacion: (Preparation
>
> Se marina el pollo con sal, pimiento y aceite de oliva untado por media
> hora. Marinete the chicken with salt, peper and olive oil for one half
> hour.

Like cooking the chicken and making the broth??????
Oh well we can google as well as you guys but I got to say you have
excellent timing and content to illustrate the point you two are just
winging it.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

The Galloping Gourmand wrote:
> Sonoran Dude wrote:
>
>> If you are talking about the Gimpy Gourmet I'm with you brother... I
>> think this is the same guy that floated in here 6 months before under
>> another handle. The Master Cook cut and paste dude, thank god that is
>> over. Where is some good old fly by the seat of the pants Mexican
>> cooking advice and recipes?

> Will somebody throw this Norteño peasant a Monster Taco and send him
> on his way, por amor de Dios?

OK, now I'm starting to like you... I LOVE MONSTER TACOS!!!! Too bad
they dumped the Jack Burrito.

Some folks here think that I don't post enough recipes Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 3 12-12-2010 01:41 AM
Post Recipes Hari General Cooking 0 24-07-2008 02:47 AM
have a recipes, post on local2local.org for free [email protected] General Cooking 0 04-01-2005 02:13 AM
Hoping I may post recipes soon... CA SHUG Recipes 0 31-08-2004 09:17 AM
I would like to post some recipes for diabetics Susan Diabetic 14 08-06-2004 02:27 AM