Susan

Default I would like to post some recipes for diabetics

These recipes are from the diabeticgoumet.com website I have not tried them
yet but they seem very interesting to try.

Susan

SALSA BEAN DIP

Yield: 14 servings (2 tablespoons each)
Source: "The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book"
Book Info: http://diabeticgourmet.com/book_archive/details/1.shtml

INGREDIENTS

- 3/4 cup mild or medium thick and chunky salsa
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dark brown chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

Place the salsa in a sieve over a large bowl. Tap the sieve occasionally to
help the salsa drain until the chunky part remains in the sieve, about 3 to
4 minutes. Discard the liquid.

In the bowl, mash the beans slightly with a fork.

Add the chunky portion of the salsa, lemon juice, chili powder, and cumin.
Stir until combined. Transfer to a serving bowl.

Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with baked
corn chips. Leftover dip will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (2 tablespoons):
Calories: 36, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 74 mg,
Carbohydrate: 7 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 2 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Starch

INGREDIENTS

- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 2 green onions and tops, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 ounces snow peas, strings trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lovage or tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
Saute green onions and garlic 2 to 3 minutes.

Add squash, snow peas, and lovage to skillet; spray with cooking spray and
cook over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe):
Calories: 27, Fat: 0.3 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg,
Sodium: 2 mg, Protein: 1.4 g, Carbohydrate: 5.7 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Vegetable

GRAPEFRUIT COMBO SALAD

Yield: 4 servings (1 cup per serving)
Source: "The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible"
Book Info: http://www.diabeticgourmet.com/book_...tails/11.shtml

INGREDIENTS

- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced very thinly
- 1 small apple, diced

Dressing:

- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

Combine the grapefruit, orange, red
onion, and apple in a salad bowl.

Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour
over the salad, and chill salad for 1 hour.

Drain any excess liquid and serve over lettuce
leaves if desired.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cup):
Calories: 89, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1 mg,
Carbohydrate: 22 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 1 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 Fruit

Peanutjake

Salsa Bean dip with 74 carbs?
That many carbs in one dish would put me in the hospital.

Hey susan, do me a favor. Test the recipies on yourself and check your blood with your meter before
posting any more death potions.

PJ

"Susan" > wrote in message ...
> [...]
>
> INGREDIENTS
>
> - 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
> - 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
> - 1 medium red onion, sliced very thinly
> - 1 small apple, diced
>
> Dressing:
>
> - 1/4 cup orange juice
> - 1 tablespoon sugar
> - 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
> - Salt and pepper to taste
>
> DIRECTIONS
>
> Combine the grapefruit, orange, red
> onion, and apple in a salad bowl.
>
> Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour
> over the salad, and chill salad for 1 hour.
>
> Drain any excess liquid and serve over lettuce
> leaves if desired.
>
> Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cup):
> Calories: 89, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1 mg,
> Carbohydrate: 22 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 1 g

DLynch

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> Salsa Bean dip with 74 carbs?
> That many carbs in one dish would put me in the hospital.
>
> Hey susan, do me a favor. Test the recipies on yourself and check your

blood with your meter before
> posting any more death potions.
>
> PJ
> > Nutritional Information Per Serving (2 tablespoons):
> > Calories: 36, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 74 mg,
> > Carbohydrate: 7 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 2 g
> > Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Starch

Carbohydrate = 7 grams per 2 tablespoon serving
Sodium = 74 mg

Julie Bove

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> Salsa Bean dip with 74 carbs?
> That many carbs in one dish would put me in the hospital.
>
> Hey susan, do me a favor. Test the recipies on yourself and check your

blood with your meter before
> posting any more death potions.

Somebody bought me that book as a gift. The recipes are supposed to be
snacks. There's not a thing in that book I could eat! All have WAY too
many carbs. And I'm not a low carber.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Patty P.

Thanks for the recipes, the salsa bean dip is only 7 carbs, I'll try them
Patty
"DLynch" > wrote in message

> "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> > Salsa Bean dip with 74 carbs?
> > That many carbs in one dish would put me in the hospital.
> >
> > Hey susan, do me a favor. Test the recipies on yourself and check your

> blood with your meter before
> > posting any more death potions.
> >
> > PJ
> > > Nutritional Information Per Serving (2 tablespoons):
> > > Calories: 36, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 74 mg,
> > > Carbohydrate: 7 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 2 g
> > > Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Starch

> Carbohydrate = 7 grams per 2 tablespoon serving
> Sodium = 74 mg

Jennifer

With all recipes... be sure to note the serving size.

The bean dip is 7g for 2 Tablespoons.

Jennifer

Patty P. wrote:

> Thanks for the recipes, the salsa bean dip is only 7 carbs, I'll try them
> Patty
> "DLynch" > wrote in message
>
>>"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Salsa Bean dip with 74 carbs?
>>>That many carbs in one dish would put me in the hospital.
>>>
>>>Hey susan, do me a favor. Test the recipies on yourself and check your

>>blood with your meter before
>>
>>>posting any more death potions.
>>>
>>>PJ

>>Carbohydrate = 7 grams per 2 tablespoon serving
>>Sodium = 74 mg

Gabe

It didn't say 74 carbs. That was sodium. It was 7 carbs. You owe the lady
an apology.
> [...]

> > INGREDIENTS
> >
> > - 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
> > - 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
> > - 1 medium red onion, sliced very thinly
> > - 1 small apple, diced
> >
> > Dressing:
> >
> > - 1/4 cup orange juice
> > - 1 tablespoon sugar
> > - 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
> > - Salt and pepper to taste
> >
> > DIRECTIONS
> >
> > Combine the grapefruit, orange, red
> > onion, and apple in a salad bowl.
> >
> > Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour
> > over the salad, and chill salad for 1 hour.
> >
> > Drain any excess liquid and serve over lettuce
> > leaves if desired.
> >
> > Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cup):
> > Calories: 89, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1 mg,
> > Carbohydrate: 22 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 1 g

Susan

Sorry i did not mean to post any death threating recipes I dont think it was
really that bad in the carbs.

Susan
> [...]

> > INGREDIENTS
> >
> > - 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
> > - 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
> > - 1 medium red onion, sliced very thinly
> > - 1 small apple, diced
> >
> > Dressing:
> >
> > - 1/4 cup orange juice
> > - 1 tablespoon sugar
> > - 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
> > - Salt and pepper to taste
> >
> > DIRECTIONS
> >
> > Combine the grapefruit, orange, red
> > onion, and apple in a salad bowl.
> >
> > Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour
> > over the salad, and chill salad for 1 hour.
> >
> > Drain any excess liquid and serve over lettuce
> > leaves if desired.
> >
> > Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cup):
> > Calories: 89, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1 mg,
> > Carbohydrate: 22 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 1 g

Susan

I hope i did not make anyone mad at me for the post. I was just trying to
add something to the newsgroup.

Susan
"Susan" > wrote in message
> [...]

> INGREDIENTS
>
> - 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
> - 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
> - 1 medium red onion, sliced very thinly
> - 1 small apple, diced
>
> Dressing:
>
> - 1/4 cup orange juice
> - 1 tablespoon sugar
> - 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
> - Salt and pepper to taste
>
> DIRECTIONS
>
> Combine the grapefruit, orange, red
> onion, and apple in a salad bowl.
>
> Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour
> over the salad, and chill salad for 1 hour.
>
> Drain any excess liquid and serve over lettuce
> leaves if desired.
>
> Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cup):
> Calories: 89, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1 mg,
> Carbohydrate: 22 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 1 g

Tiger Lily

Susan..... you have nothing to apologize for

you gave

Nutritional Information Per Serving (2 tablespoons):
> > Calories: 36, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 74 mg,
> > Carbohydrate: 7 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 2 g
> > Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Starch

what more can a person ask for??

i think Peanut Jake jumped the gun and misread something...... i'm sure he
will apologize for his blasting you
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"Susan" > wrote in message
news
> [...]

> > > INGREDIENTS
> > >
> > > - 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
> > > - 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
> > > - 1 medium red onion, sliced very thinly
> > > - 1 small apple, diced
> > >
> > > Dressing:
> > >
> > > - 1/4 cup orange juice
> > > - 1 tablespoon sugar
> > > - 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
> > > - Salt and pepper to taste
> > >
> > > DIRECTIONS
> > >
> > > Combine the grapefruit, orange, red
> > > onion, and apple in a salad bowl.
> > >
> > > Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour
> > > over the salad, and chill salad for 1 hour.
> > >
> > > Drain any excess liquid and serve over lettuce
> > > leaves if desired.
> > >
> > > Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cup):
> > > Calories: 89, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1 mg,
> > > Carbohydrate: 22 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 1 g

Jennifer

Susan...

You keep posting.

There are so many food plans that diabetics use, this will certainly fit
into one of them!

Jennifer

Susan wrote:

> [...]

>>INGREDIENTS
>>
>>- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
>>- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
>>- 1 medium red onion, sliced very thinly
>>- 1 small apple, diced
>>
>>Dressing:
>>
>>- 1/4 cup orange juice
>>- 1 tablespoon sugar
>>- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
>>- Salt and pepper to taste
>>
>>DIRECTIONS
>>
>>Combine the grapefruit, orange, red
>>onion, and apple in a salad bowl.
>>
>>Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour
>>over the salad, and chill salad for 1 hour.
>>
>>Drain any excess liquid and serve over lettuce
>>leaves if desired.
>>
>>Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cup):
>>Calories: 89, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1 mg,
>>Carbohydrate: 22 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 1 g

Susan

Thanks all for the repost to my post and the support and i will keep on
posting the recipes i find and that i think are really tasty and easy to
make and follow

Susan
"Susan" > wrote in message
> [...]

> INGREDIENTS
>
> - 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
> - 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
> - 1 medium red onion, sliced very thinly
> - 1 small apple, diced
>
> Dressing:
>
> - 1/4 cup orange juice
> - 1 tablespoon sugar
> - 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
> - Salt and pepper to taste
>
> DIRECTIONS
>
> Combine the grapefruit, orange, red
> onion, and apple in a salad bowl.
>
> Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour
> over the salad, and chill salad for 1 hour.
>
> Drain any excess liquid and serve over lettuce
> leaves if desired.
>
> Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cup):
> Calories: 89, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1 mg,
> Carbohydrate: 22 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 18 g, Protein: 1 g

Peanutjake

"Susan" > wrote in message ...
> Thanks all for the repost to my post and the support and i will keep on
> posting the recipes i find and that i think are really tasty and easy to
> make and follow
>
> Susan

Susan, if I read it wrong then I am truly sorry.
I hope that you will forgive me.
I really try hard to keep control of my carbs,

PJ

Susan

I do forgive you and it is alright. I understand about trying to keep a
control on your carbs. I am going through weight-loss right now using the
LA Weight-loss program and all that is that i have 2 and a 1/2 proteins, 4
veggies, 3 fruits, and 3 starches

So far it is doing quite well I have lost 13 pounds since i have been on
this program and just eating really healthy foods and no fried foods like i
used to
I also have not had any sweets for at least a month and actually i dont
crave them like I used too

Susan
"Peanutjake" > wrote in message

> "Susan" > wrote in message

> > Thanks all for the repost to my post and the support and i will keep on
> > posting the recipes i find and that i think are really tasty and easy to
> > make and follow
> >
> > Susan
> >

> Susan, if I read it wrong then I am truly sorry.
> I hope that you will forgive me.
> I really try hard to keep control of my carbs,
>
> PJ

Peanutjake

"Susan" > wrote in message ...
> I do forgive you and it is alright. I understand about trying to keep a
> control on your carbs. I am going through weight-loss right now using the
> LA Weight-loss program and all that is that i have 2 and a 1/2 proteins, 4
> veggies, 3 fruits, and 3 starches
>
> So far it is doing quite well I have lost 13 pounds since i have been on
> this program and just eating really healthy foods and no fried foods like i
> used to
> I also have not had any sweets for at least a month and actually i dont
> crave them like I used too
>
> Susan

Good luck with your diet.
I have lost 40 pounds by low carbing.
I try to limit myself to 100 carbs or less a day.
It's easy for me.
I am never hungry between meals.
PJ

Post Recipes Hari General Cooking 0 24-07-2008 02:47 AM
Desert recipes for Diabetics? Michael O'Connor General Cooking 26 08-12-2006 01:32 PM
Healthy, Tasty and Easy Recipes For Diabetics medianext05 General Cooking 0 01-08-2006 11:39 AM
Healthy Tasty and Easy Recipes For Diabetics medianext05 Diabetic 0 01-08-2006 11:10 AM
500 delicious recipes for diabetics, satisfy all tastes horts Diabetic 0 27-02-2006 08:06 PM