Bob (this one)

Default rhyming recipe for beaten biscuits

.... is driving me crazy.

I've seen one and simply can't recall where it was. Anybody seen it?
It's a poem, obviously American, that tells how to make the biscuits.

Pastorio
Opinicus

"Bob (this one)" > wrote

> ... is driving me crazy.
> I've seen one and simply can't recall where it was.
> Anybody seen it? It's a poem, obviously American, that
> tells how to make the biscuits.

Can you remember any part of it? Even a phrase a couple of
words long should be enough for Google to track it down.

--
Bob, another one

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

TOliver

"Opinicus" > wrote in message
> "Bob (this one)" > wrote
>
>> ... is driving me crazy.
>> I've seen one and simply can't recall where it was. Anybody seen it? It's
>> a poem, obviously American, that tells how to make the biscuits.

> Can you remember any part of it? Even a phrase a couple of words long
> should be enough for Google to track it down.

I've looked back through my "stuff" on beaten biscuits (of which I'm a great
fan, they being one of the early USAian contributions to good food - another
being "Spoon Bread", enough to make the most hardened polenta addict cry out
in quest of more. I find no rhymes, only paragraphs of beating instructions
enough to cause both sadists and masochists to go all a'quiver.

TMO

dolo

"Bob (this one)" > wrote in
:

> ... is driving me crazy.
>
> I've seen one and simply can't recall where it was. Anybody seen it?
> It's a poem, obviously American, that tells how to make the biscuits.
>
> Pastorio

I can't find the whole lyric, but, from Maria Howard Weeden's "Bandanna
Ballads":

"Two hundred licks is what I give
for home folks, never fewer
An'if I'm 'specting company in,
I gives five hundred sure!"

d ;D

Opinicus

"dolo" > wrote

http://www.awhf.org/weeden.html

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Bob (this one)

dolo wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" > wrote
>
>>... is driving me crazy.
>>
>>I've seen one and simply can't recall where it was. Anybody seen it?
>>It's a poem, obviously American, that tells how to make the biscuits.
>>
>>Pastorio
>>

> I can't find the whole lyric, but, from Maria Howard Weeden's "Bandanna
> Ballads":
>
> "Two hundred licks is what I give
> for home folks, never fewer
> An'if I'm 'specting company in,
> I gives five hundred sure!"

'Zackly the one I've been trying to recall. Thanks. I posted it to the
SavoryFare2 list where there's been a lengthy thread about beaten
biscuits and now you're famous. >

Thanks.

Pastorio