Posted to rec.food.historic

Default looking for ref. for germen 14 of 1500 food and recipes

anyone have ref. for 1300 to 1500 food for the germanic area. I working on a
feast and looking for more ref. that I can varify form that area.

I know the basics and stock food but would like more info if its out there.

thanks for you time

Posted to rec.food.historic

Henry Batchelor a écrit :
> anyone have ref. for 1300 to 1500 food for the germanic area. I working on a
> feast and looking for more ref. that I can varify form that area.
>
> I know the basics and stock food but would like more info if its out there.
>
> thanks for you time

Google is your friend :
http://www.thousandeggs.com/cookbooks.html#GERMAN

--
Greetings, Salutations,
Guiraud Belissen, Chteau du Ciel, Drachenwald,
Posted to rec.food.historic

Hi Henry,

Take a look at these two sites:

Culinary & Dietetic Texts from the Middle Ages to 1800
<http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/kobu.htm>
(excellent collection of old cookery books, online, in the original
languages--many in German, plus huge bibliography of cookery books of
the period)

Old Cook: Cuisine Médiévale
<http://www.oldcook.com/>
(studying medieval cookery through cooks, manuscripts and cookbooks;
in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian)

Gary

> anyone have ref. for 1300 to 1500 food for the germanic area.

Posted to rec.food.historic

In article
Gary > wrote:

> <http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/kobu.htm>

Thanks a lot - I didn't know about oldcook, but it looks terrific. This
link, though, seems broken.

Lazarus
Posted to rec.food.historic

Gary wrote:
> Hi Henry,
>
> Take a look at these two sites:
>
> Culinary & Dietetic Texts from the Middle Ages to 1800
> <http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/kobu.htm>
> (excellent collection of old cookery books, online, in the original
> languages--many in German, plus huge bibliography of cookery books of
> the period)
>
> Old Cook: Cuisine Médiévale
> <http://www.oldcook.com/>
> (studying medieval cookery through cooks, manuscripts and cookbooks;
> in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian)
>
> Gary

Egad! Another dangerous site!

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.historic

Lazarus Cooke wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Gary > wrote:
>
>> <http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/kobu.htm>

> Thanks a lot - I didn't know about oldcook, but it looks terrific. This
> link, though, seems broken.

Try
http://www.uni-giessen.de/gloning/kobu.htm

Posted to rec.food.historic