A B

Default Strong Coconut Rum?

I haven't tried many rums, but I like Bacardi Coco. Would it be possible
to make a stronger (but still tasty) version of Bacardi Coco with
Bacardi 151? Also, is there a stronger retail coconut rum?
Gunther Anderson

A B wrote:

> I haven't tried many rums, but I like Bacardi Coco. Would it be possible
> to make a stronger (but still tasty) version of Bacardi Coco with
> Bacardi 151? Also, is there a stronger retail coconut rum?

I don't see any reason you couldn't just take whatever rum you wanted
and add coconut flavoring. It's available at most large grocery stores
around me, and any good store that has baking supplies will have it.

Gunther Anderson

Gunther Anderson

A B wrote:

> I haven't tried many rums, but I like Bacardi Coco. Would it be possible
> to make a stronger (but still tasty) version of Bacardi Coco with
> Bacardi 151? Also, is there a stronger retail coconut rum?

I don't see any reason you couldn't just take whatever rum you wanted
and add coconut flavoring. It's available at most large grocery stores
around me, and any good store that has baking supplies will have it.

Gunther Anderson

A B

My concern is whether or not it will taste better than Bacardi Coco. I
checked their site and it says that they don't simply add coconut flavor
to their regular rums.

Gunther Anderson wrote:
> A B wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried many rums, but I like Bacardi Coco. Would it be
>> possible to make a stronger (but still tasty) version of Bacardi Coco
>> with Bacardi 151? Also, is there a stronger retail coconut rum?

> I don't see any reason you couldn't just take whatever rum you wanted
> and add coconut flavoring. It's available at most large grocery stores
> around me, and any good store that has baking supplies will have it.
>
> Gunther Anderson

A B

Gunther Anderson wrote:
> A B wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried many rums, but I like Bacardi Coco. Would it be
>> possible to make a stronger (but still tasty) version of Bacardi Coco
>> with Bacardi 151? Also, is there a stronger retail coconut rum?

> I don't see any reason you couldn't just take whatever rum you wanted
> and add coconut flavoring. It's available at most large grocery stores
> around me, and any good store that has baking supplies will have it.
>
> Gunther Anderson

Gunther Anderson

A B wrote:

> Gunther Anderson wrote:
>
>> A B wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't tried many rums, but I like Bacardi Coco. Would it be
>>> possible to make a stronger (but still tasty) version of Bacardi Coco
>>> with Bacardi 151? Also, is there a stronger retail coconut rum?

>> I don't see any reason you couldn't just take whatever rum you wanted
>> and add coconut flavoring. It's available at most large grocery
>> stores around me, and any good store that has baking supplies will
>> have it.

> My concern is whether or not it will taste better than Bacardi Coco. I
> checked their site and it says that they don't simply add coconut flavor
> to their regular rums.

Ah. You did ask if it was possible, not if it would be any good... I
have no direct experience there, since I'm not much of a fan of coconut
or rum. And of course, I'd expect them to say that, whether they did or
not. If you've got a few extra dollars, experiment. Go grab a bottle
of 151 and some coconut flavoring. And probably some vanilla as well.
Be gentle - a teaspoon of flavoring is probably sufficient for a liter.

But just get a bunch of glasses, filled with, say, a cup of rum in each.
Add some coconut (say, 1/4 tsp) and a lot less vanilla (say, a drop),
swirl it, cover it, and taste it a few hours (just in case there's some
value in letting it sit and stabilize) or a few minutes later. Modify
your quantities, try in the next glass. You should have a either a
reasonable recipe or an understanding of why not by the end of the day.

Oh, and if you think you taste some subtle under-flavors in the Coco,
feel free to toss a drop in. Chocolate? Almond? Lemon? Pineapple?
All are available as flavor extracts. Again, be very gentle in your
first guess.

And in the end, even if it's not a perfect match, it's _your_ recipe,
and that's worth something.

Gunther Anderson

SWINGERS

--

Looking for other swingers? Just need to find someone for sex?
Check us out!

"A B" > wrote in message ...
> I haven't tried many rums, but I like Bacardi Coco. Would it be possible
> to make a stronger (but still tasty) version of Bacardi Coco with
> Bacardi 151? Also, is there a stronger retail coconut rum?

SWINGERS

--

"A B" > wrote in message ...
> I haven't tried many rums, but I like Bacardi Coco. Would it be possible
> to make a stronger (but still tasty) version of Bacardi Coco with
> Bacardi 151? Also, is there a stronger retail coconut rum?

Johnny Mac

Just to add to your good taste, my parner and I are innkeepers on Killington
Mountain, and we have prepared a delicious tropical recipe, known as Goombay
Smash. You can find us on our website at www.goombaysmash.org where it can
be purchased as a concentrate. One pint of the pure fruit concentrate will
make a gallon of strong drink, add 5 pints of water and 2 pints (or more) of
rum, and float some 151 proof on top of each individual drink. Makes Bacardi
delicous.
Johnny Mac (of Mc and Mac)

"Gunther Anderson" > wrote in message
> A B wrote:
> >
> > Gunther Anderson wrote:

> >> I don't see any reason you couldn't just take whatever rum you wanted
> >> and add coconut flavoring. It's available at most large grocery
> >> stores around me, and any good store that has baking supplies will
> >> have it.

> > My concern is whether or not it will taste better than Bacardi Coco. I
> > checked their site and it says that they don't simply add coconut flavor
> > to their regular rums.

> Ah. You did ask if it was possible, not if it would be any good... I
> have no direct experience there, since I'm not much of a fan of coconut
> or rum. And of course, I'd expect them to say that, whether they did or
> not. If you've got a few extra dollars, experiment. Go grab a bottle
> of 151 and some coconut flavoring. And probably some vanilla as well.
> Be gentle - a teaspoon of flavoring is probably sufficient for a liter.
>
> But just get a bunch of glasses, filled with, say, a cup of rum in each.
> Add some coconut (say, 1/4 tsp) and a lot less vanilla (say, a drop),
> swirl it, cover it, and taste it a few hours (just in case there's some
> value in letting it sit and stabilize) or a few minutes later. Modify
> your quantities, try in the next glass. You should have a either a
> reasonable recipe or an understanding of why not by the end of the day.
>
> Oh, and if you think you taste some subtle under-flavors in the Coco,
> feel free to toss a drop in. Chocolate? Almond? Lemon? Pineapple?
> All are available as flavor extracts. Again, be very gentle in your
> first guess.
>
> And in the end, even if it's not a perfect match, it's _your_ recipe,
> and that's worth something.
>
> Gunther Anderson

92.5 and going strong Ellen K. General Cooking 0 20-02-2012 01:16 AM
Strong beer James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 3 07-07-2011 09:20 PM
Old appliances still going strong....... Peterl. General Cooking 20 26-08-2010 07:34 PM
Strong flour Michael Odom General Cooking 16 10-01-2005 08:55 PM