Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Strong beer

I came across Exit 4 American Trippel beer yesterday. It's *13%
alcohol*, about $15 a six-pack but very good. Has anyone else tried it?
--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 7, 12:30*pm, James Silverton >
wrote:
> I came across Exit 4 American Trippel beer yesterday. It's *13%
> alcohol*, about $15 a six-pack but very good. Has anyone else tried it?

Yikes, 13%? I would think it would taste horrible. Is it a lager?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> I came across Exit 4 American Trippel beer yesterday. It's *13%
> alcohol*, about $15 a six-pack but very good. Has anyone else tried it?

Flying Dog Breweries "Double Dog" double IPA is 11.5% ABV, but it
doesn't taste that strong. Two (12 oz) bottles will sneak up on you.
It's about $10 for a 4-pack.

I've been drinking a lot of Trader Joe's "Hofbrau" bock beer lately.
It's 7% ABV, costs $1 per bottle, and is plenty strong and heavy for
warm weather. It's not nearly as bitter as an IPA, but that's OK. It
does the "Maibock" style pretty well.

-Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/07/2011 3:45 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
> James Silverton wrote:
>> I came across Exit 4 American Trippel beer yesterday. It's *13%
>> alcohol*, about $15 a six-pack but very good. Has anyone else tried it?

> Flying Dog Breweries "Double Dog" double IPA is 11.5% ABV, but it
> doesn't taste that strong. Two (12 oz) bottles will sneak up on you.
> It's about $10 for a 4-pack.
>
> I've been drinking a lot of Trader Joe's "Hofbrau" bock beer lately.
> It's 7% ABV, costs $1 per bottle, and is plenty strong and heavy for
> warm weather. It's not nearly as bitter as an IPA, but that's OK. It
> does the "Maibock" style pretty well.

I used to drink a Danish beer, Faxe, once in a while. I asked for it at
the Beer Store one day and asked the clerk for a half dozen Faxe. He
asked me if I wanted 5 or 10. I clarified... half dozen... six. He
clarified.. 5% or 10%. I tired the 10%. I didn't like it. I could taste
the alcohol. It's not that I have anything against alcohol but if I want
that I will get liquor, not beer.