Dennis Carr

Default Eggnog

In the Fanny Farmer cookbook, there is a very good recipe for eggnog
calling for the use of rum and bourbon. Problem, however, is that my wife
is not terribly fond of alcohol in her 'nog. So I followed the recipe
sans alcohol, and the result tastes more like melted french vanilla ice
cream. Interesting and good, but not the desired effect.

As such, does anyone here have suggestions for a good substitute flavoring
for both of these?

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Blair P. Houghton

Dennis Carr > wrote:
>In the Fanny Farmer cookbook, there is a very good recipe for eggnog
>calling for the use of rum and bourbon. Problem, however, is that my wife
>is not terribly fond of alcohol in her 'nog. So I followed the recipe
>sans alcohol, and the result tastes more like melted french vanilla ice
>cream. Interesting and good, but not the desired effect.
>
>As such, does anyone here have suggestions for a good substitute flavoring
>for both of these?

Throw in a little Coca-cola.

--Blair
"Not in *yours*, man."
Leah

I need a recipe for eggnog.
Marko Susimetsa

Leah > wrote:
> I need a recipe for eggnog.

Hi!

You get several recipes for Eggnog from the Got Rum? Newsletter (at
http://www.rumshop.net/). Here's a direct link to the newsletter that has
the recipes (from 2001) in pdf-format:

http://www.rumshop.net/newsletters/december2001.pdf

- Marko (not affiliated with the magazine)

Eggnog, again ViLco General Cooking 17 11-12-2010 03:02 AM
Eggnog camrodri General 2 02-05-2009 05:14 AM
Eggnog International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 20-12-2006 02:44 AM
Eggnog International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 22-12-2005 04:33 AM