Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Blue Cheese & Toasted Walnut Pasta with Artichoke Hearts

Hi all ! Haven't posted for awhile. Hope everyone is enjoying their
summer.
This sounded yummy.

Mike Kazmark
www.bestpastarecipes.com

Ingredients

12 oz Pasta

2/3 Cup light cream (half & half may also be used)
1/2 Cup water
1 Cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 teaspoon of salt (APROXIMATE - adjust to taste)
1-2 teaspoon of pepper (APROXIMATE - adjust to taste)
1 Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts (drained off excess liquid)
3/4 Cup walnuts
3-4 Sprigs Fresh chopped parsley
1 Avocado - Diced

Instructions
Cook pasta. Toast walnuts in 350 degree oven. Spread them in a single
layer on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes until
lightly toasted. In saucepan, heat cream, water, and salt to a simmer.
Stir in 3/4 cup of the crumbled blue cheese. Toss pasta with cheese
sauce, and add walnuts, artichoke hearts, and avocado. Add salt &
papper to taste. Garnish with remaining blue cheese and parsley.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 04:25:56 -0700, Mike - Still Learning displayed his
ignorance again on RFC:

> Hi all ! Haven't posted for awhile. Hope everyone is enjoying their
> summer.
> This sounded yummy.
>
> Mike Kazmark
> www.bestpastarecipes.com

So you have a website called best pasta recipes and you have not SPAMMED
in a while.. and "This sounded yummy" means you have not even tried this
recipe YOU are spamming us with. Sounds like a pretty stupid approach to
bringing attention to your lack of understanding the internet or
food/cooking! You are still LEARNING. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

JAY ! ! !
If you're having an awful day I feel bad for you but don't use RFC as
an opportunity to vent on people.

Let me educate you by addressing your post point by point. Let me also
say, I'm not into flame wars so this will be my final reply despite any
further instigating challenges.

I have gotten to know many of the people in this group. I have laughed
at their shenanigans and cried with them as they've lost close friends,
and I've even gotten to know a little lizard named "BASIL." I have
come to care about them and I don't think any of them are interested in
hearing two fools bantering, so this will be my final word on this
subject. Use this to your advantage Jay. You will be able to flame me
out and you won't have to worry about getting anything back.

1). Regarding your refering to my previous posts as spam

Webopedia (Alexa Rating of 3) defines spam as follows:

"Real spam is generally e-mail advertising for some product sent to a
mailing list or newsgroup" It also refers to spam as being "junk
email" or "junk postings to newsgroups"

I've asked the members for ideas on what would make a great recipe
website, and for pasta recipe ideas or submissions. I've posted
recipes to the group and referenced where they came from (my website or
my wife). But no, I haven't mentioned even one of the many products
that I could have mentioned. Matter of fact if you look at all my
postings together, aside from including my URL with my name, I've
seldom mentioned my website at all. Most of my postings have been
responding to things others have said (again, laughing at the humor,
crying with others sorrow, sharing a recipe here and there or figuring
out what kind of lizard "Basil" was!). Even the rules for submitting
Ezine articles on www.ezinearticles.com allow for 1 - 3 links so people
know who or what you are associated with, as long as you don't clutter
your article with multiple links so that it makes people feel like it's
an ad. Usually I just have the one - the one under my name.

So Jay you need to learn what spam is if you are going to accuse
someone of submitting it.

2). You also seemed to have trouble with the fact that I would post a
recipe that I hadn't actually tried. First, have you ever looked at a
recipe and based on your knowledge of previous recipes exclaimed, "that
sounds gross!" or "that sounds like it would be kind of dry" or "that
sounds like it would be bland" or "that sounds really good, I think
that would work!" Well, that's what I did. And it sounded so good I
thought I would post it to the group. I made it obvious that I hadn't
tried it by saying that it "SOUNDED yummy" I think the more experience
you get trying different recipes and experimenting, you kind of know
with some recipes if it's going to work or not. Based on other similar
dishes I felt like this one would work and I wanted to share it.

Jay, if you are going to set yourself up as the judge of what a good
post is and what a junk post is and freely cast your rulings about, go
for it. I won't get in your way. I'll ignore you and enjoy the people
in the group who I have already come to enjoy.

If you are going to establish rules over the group like:

"No recipe shall be submitted without trying it out first" regardless
of whether or not you've tasted or prepared anything close to it. Not
even if you make that fact clear to the members, will this be allowed!"

then go right ahead. You might however, check with the rest of the
group to see if they want to abide by your set of rules. Just an idea.

That's all Jay. Hopefully you just had a bad day. We all get em.

Mike Kazmark
bestpastarecipes.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 03:36:34 -0700, Mike - IS Still Learning wrote:

> JAY ! ! !
> If you're having an awful day I feel bad for you but don't use RFC as
> an opportunity to vent on people.

So you are going to tell me what to post?
You have seen no vent, yet.

> Let me educate you by addressing your post point by point. Let me also
> say, I'm not into flame wars so this will be my final reply despite any
> further instigating challenges.

You and your web site will be the last place anyone will go for education.

> I have gotten to know many of the people in this group. I have laughed
> at their shenanigans and cried with them as they've lost close friends,
> and I've even gotten to know a little lizard named "BASIL." I have come
> to care about them and I don't think any of them are interested in
> hearing two fools bantering, so this will be my final word on this
> subject. Use this to your advantage Jay. You will be able to flame me
> out and you won't have to worry about getting anything back.

You are all BS.. you have posted here 40 times so now you are intimate
with many here?

> 1). Regarding your refering to my previous posts as spam

You come here to promote yourself. With all your self-righteousness you
should be the first to admit it.

> I've asked the members for ideas

Let me educate YOU.. this is usenet .. a membership is not required.

> 2). You also seemed to have trouble with the fact that I would post a
> recipe that I hadn't actually tried.

It is no trouble for me.. I don't spend time preparing blind ingredient
lists from web site promoters like you.

> Jay, if you are going to set yourself up as the judge of what a good
> post is and what a junk post is and freely cast your rulings about, go
> for it.

OK, and thanks again for your approval.

> I won't get in your way. I'll ignore you and enjoy the people
> in the group who I have already come to enjoy.

Good and good.

This is usenet.. the way it works is you post others comment.. If you
don't like it TOO BAD!

> Mike Kazmark
> bestpastarecipes.com

BTW Your web site is a misnomer.