Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Pasta with artichoke hearts and cream

1 package (9 oz) frozen artichoke hearts
1/2 red bell pepper
1c sliced mushrooms
1/2c chopped fresh basil
1c heavy cream
2 TB olive oil
1 TB flour
1/2 lb of some medium-sized tubular pasta
Romano cheese

Thaw and drain the artichoke hearts. If necessary, cut them into
quarters lengthwise. Cut the red pepper into 1/2 inch strips. You want
about equal amounts of hearts, pepper, and mushrooms.

Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the 3 veggies and saute, stirring often,
for about 5 minutes. Add S&P as desired. Add the flour and stir for a
minute or so. Add the cream and basil and simmer, stirring, until
thickened.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta per directions and drain. Add to the sauce and
mix. Serve with shaved Romano on top.

--
Peter Aitken
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pasta with artichoke hearts and cream

"Peter A" > wrote

>1 package (9 oz) frozen artichoke hearts
> 1/2 red bell pepper
> 1c sliced mushrooms
> 1/2c chopped fresh basil
> 1c heavy cream
> 2 TB olive oil
> 1 TB flour
> 1/2 lb of some medium-sized tubular pasta
> Romano cheese
>
> Thaw and drain the artichoke hearts. If necessary, cut them into
> quarters lengthwise. Cut the red pepper into 1/2 inch strips. You want
> about equal amounts of hearts, pepper, and mushrooms.
>
> Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the 3 veggies and saute, stirring often,
> for about 5 minutes. Add S&P as desired. Add the flour and stir for a
> minute or so. Add the cream and basil and simmer, stirring, until
> thickened.
>
> Meanwhile, cook the pasta per directions and drain. Add to the sauce and
> mix. Serve with shaved Romano on top.

We have a winner for dinner, thanks for the recipe. I was wondering
what to make, it's going to be warm today and my grill is looking
poorly.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Peter A" > wrote

>1 package (9 oz) frozen artichoke hearts
> 1/2 red bell pepper
> 1c sliced mushrooms
> 1/2c chopped fresh basil
> 1c heavy cream
> 2 TB olive oil
> 1 TB flour
> 1/2 lb of some medium-sized tubular pasta
> Romano cheese
>
> Thaw and drain the artichoke hearts. If necessary, cut them into
> quarters lengthwise. Cut the red pepper into 1/2 inch strips. You want
> about equal amounts of hearts, pepper, and mushrooms.
>
> Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the 3 veggies and saute, stirring often,
> for about 5 minutes. Add S&P as desired. Add the flour and stir for a
> minute or so. Add the cream and basil and simmer, stirring, until
> thickened.
>
> Meanwhile, cook the pasta per directions and drain. Add to the sauce and
> mix. Serve with shaved Romano on top.

(no snipping)

DAMN that was good. This is exactly the type of lunch I order in
restaurants, though it will usually have chicken. I used ziti rigati, and
a couple of cans of artichoke hearts, quartered. Thanks, Peter, it's
a keeper.

nancy