Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A new take on halibut...what do you think?

I was bored and wanted something different. I guess all the Panko questions inspired
me So here's what I came up with:

8 ounces of halibut fillet, cubed
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
juice of 1/2 med. lemon
a pint or so of grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, or the tiny roma tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
Panko bread crumbs
egg & milk for egg wash
flour for dredging
salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne
Capellini (angel hair) pasta, I used fresh

Ok, I dredged the halibut cubes and the artichoke hearts (drained them first), dipped
in egg wash and bread with Panko, that I seasoned with salt & pepper and a pinch of
cayenne. Sautee in a bit of olive oil/butter. Rough chop tomatoes or slice in half
depending on size. Add the garlic to the pan first, sauté a couple minutes, then add
the tomatoes. If it's not juicy enough, you can add a little chicken stock. Add the
lemon juice, taste for seasoning and salt & pepper if you want. Toss with the angel
hair and serve.

It was light, quick and tasty. And nothing I've ever made before

kimberly

Halibut Evelyn Diabetic 30 25-06-2010 12:40 AM
Halibut Peppermint Patootie Diabetic 0 03-06-2010 06:17 PM
Just for the halibut Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 16 12-04-2005 01:41 AM
Halibut limey General Cooking 21 31-01-2005 06:59 PM